From Kohan to MultiPlatform FPS?

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/section-8/610507p1.html?fromint=1

Basically, TimeGate studios has announced they are making a multiplatform first person shooter. Which just seems way out of left field. Though i liked their take on the RTS genre, so who knows, maybe they can make something original and fun.

Coming Up Next: VALVe to make Half-Life Strategy Game!

We like to throw curveballs.

Cavedog tried to make a FPS once, it got hyped but then cancelled. I can’t think of the name off the top of my head.

Ahh, i should know the name of that one, a friend of mine worked on that one, Amen: The awakening was it? It still amazed me those boys decided to do their own engine, i think thats what killed them, amongst other things.

Anyway, i’m sure this is driving the KAG hardliners nuts, considering they didn’t like the departure made from KAG to KOW. (Though i think there is no pleasing that crowd anyway, KOW was a perfectly good game, that mainly suffered from the misfortune of coming out the same time as the flashier, but more hollow, DoW)

I don’t suppose you can let us know a little bit more info, Aephir? =P You guys going to have anything to show at E3? (If yes, then i guess i can shaddap and wait)

tronnc, it was called Amen.

I don’t follow this too closely, but isn’t Rome: Total War being turned into that one man Spartan 3rd person game too? Man, Blizzard should jump on this band wagon. Oh wait…

Wait, are you serious? You’re kidding right? Although knowing Creative Assembly they would probably make the first FPG game to feature over a hundred enemies on screen at once so it wouldn’t be all that bad :wink:.

Wait, are you serious? You’re kidding right? Although knowing Creative Assembly they would probably make the first FPG game to feature over a hundred enemies on screen at once so it wouldn’t be all that bad :wink:.[/quote]

Its called Spartan: Total Warrior. IIRC its being done by a different Creative Assembly team than does the Total War games.

Ah, it’s not a PC game. That explains why I haven’t heard of it. Oh well, it’ll probably suck since consoles could never handle that many soldiers on screen :).

We aren’t showing anything to the press quite yet, though Gamespy did a bit piece on the game and we’ll release more information post-the e3 crush.

They gotta stay in business. PC games aren’t really money makers, especially RTS games that the fanbase turns their back on and don’t have “Age of” in the title.

–Dave