Frostpunk - This War of Mine, steampunk, apocalyptic snow

The next survival and resource management game from 11 Bit Studios.

[quote]
In a completely frozen world, people develop steam-powered technology to oppose the overwhelming cold. Society in its current form becomes ineffective and it has to change in order to survive. What does this change mean? What is culture when morality stands in the way of existence? In the end, survival may transform us completely. Whether that change makes us better or worse, stronger or weaker, or even more or less humane is debatable

Creative Director Michal Drozdowski said “This is a deeply serious game created for a mature gamer. Looking back at This War of Mine, we’re pushing boundaries even further, but we’re not pointing at reality in the same fashion. We’re putting human nature under a microscope to ask about what happens when people need to stay alive.”[/quote]

[quote]
MORALITY & EMOTIONS
Our goal was to deliver complex and demanding gameplay based on thoughtful decision-making & questioning player’s morality.

DISTINCTIVE VISUAL STYLE
Our unique setting has given us an opportunity to create a distinctive visual style setting of the contrast between cold palette (representing nature) & warm colors (for remnants of civilization).

MULTI-GENRE CROSS-OVER
Although Frostpunk utilizes strategy & management elements, its core revolves around empathy & decision-making rather than optimization & resource management.[/quote]

PC 2017.

This War of Mine by way of Snowpiercer.

You have my interest.

There’s also a SciFi book that this reminds me of… Hmm… Is it a book in the Revelation Space series? There’s a totally frozen moon with a train/caravan that moves around it. The gas giant planet it orbits actually is a projection… I can’t remember which book that is.

I’ve played a gamescom build of this for about 20-30 minutes earlier this week, and it’s been pretty good. Definitely on my watch list now. It’s looking really sweet, and details such as people leaving traces in the snow just add to it. Atmosphere certainly conveys the desparate situation, and the Book of Law of choices that make you think twice. The resource systen and the radial expansion centered on the generator worked well, too.

Delayed till 2018

Early 2018… that means January 1st, right?

Very good :)

Even more jelly that some dude like this on youtubes gets to play with it. :(

Looking good. Love the setting, graphics are nice… definitely interested in this one.

Quill18’s been streaming this. Looks great. And seriously bleak.

Seems there is finally a STEAM page for this.

March 2018!

Cogs of Progress update from a few days ago looks great!

Frostpunk comes out on April 24th, and will be available on the Humble Store, GOG, and Steam for $29.99/€29.99.

Every time I see this game I feel the need to go and re-watch Snowpiercer.

Thanks for this, I hadn’t paid any attention to this until now really, but man I am digging the hell out of the aesthetic and the style of the game. Looks like a tough game, but a fun one.

Really long stream , man its looking good.

This game looks like a ton of fun, but there is so much coming out right around the time it drops, including Battletech, God of War, and Pillars of Eternity 2 so I may not be able to grab it right away. It’s at the top of my wishlist though.