Fuck 2016: RIP Carrie Fisher (1956-2016)

Ephraim, I went through this almost exactly a year before that in 2015. My dad had some form of stroke and it was probably 10-15 minutes until the emergency doctor arrived and got his heart beating again. He passed away about 12 hours later on the next morning, and, frankly, we were grateful for not having to go through weeks of ICU. I had immediately called my best friend, a neuropsychologist who works with people who suffered severe stroke-induced damage. He said that if the doesn’t get oxygen for that long, a major recovery is pretty much impossible. Even if my dad (he was 86) had ‘woken up’ again, he basicaly would have been gone.

So, if Carrie Fisher’s cardiac arrest lasted as long as the reports described it, I’m not really optimistic. :/ And ‘stable’ doesn’t mean anything. Would love to be wrong about it. Her status in pop-culture aside, based on the interviews I’ve seen she seems like a really funny and witty person.

She just passed away. RIP Princess.

Well, I guess that’s that for Carrie Fisher.

RIP.

So, on a quest to top itself as worst year ever, Carrie Fisher is trending on Twitter as having passed away. Goddamn it 2016.

I guess I would like 2017 to start and 2016 to end.

I have a message for the year 2016:

#fuck you

/end message

(I mean we all kinda talked around acknowledging this was the near inevitable conclusion since Friday, but it still sucks)

Aw man. I don’t know what else to say. This is terrible. I feel terrible for Debbie Reynolds.

What a heartbreaker.

This is by far my favorite picture of Ms. Fisher. It was taken during the original production of SW and appears in The Making of Star Wars. So beautiful and full of life.

This is sad. And I feel we should rename the title thread.

Princess, my princess. :(

Wow. This year has been absolutely relentless. So many icons from my youth, gone. And so young, still. I hope 2017 is a bit lighter.

RIP, Ms. Fisher

Fucking Hell. What a shitty year.

The thread starter (rei) can do that now.

She was my first female hero. Someone as a figurehead and person I cared for. As a male she embodied everything I’d hoped to see from my sisters and female friends growing up. To become strong, independent, and intelligent. She was too young, and had too much life left to live. :(

RIP Vengeful Bazooka Girl

She had me at “Do you wanna fuck?” in Shampoo

Episode 8 is going to be really hard to watch. Fortunately, she already filmed her scenes for the next movie, but it does mean they’ll probably need to rethink Episode 9 if she was supposed to be in that. But yeah… Seeing her on the big screen as General Leia in Episode 8 is going to be bittersweet.

A bit selfish (and an aside), but I really hope we don’t have creepy zombie Princess Leia in Episode 9 like they did in Rogue One.

So many tears today :( Rip

This led me to the fascinating fact that Cinnabon has 139,000 Twitter followers.

They probably give away something to people who follow them on Twitter. That’s the only thing that explains it.