Fuck 2016: RIP Carrie Fisher (1956-2016)

If she was only on one drug, that’s plausible as a momentary relapse causing an overdose. Particularly if it’s an opiate. But being on methadone, heroin, coke, booze, and ecstacy-- she was in full-fledged party mode. Barring a suicide attempt, she didn’t start back up that same day.

A relapse is a relapse. It doesn’t invalidate who she was, what she accomplished or what she went through.

Who said it did?

Well, with her openness about mental health issues and addiction, this isn’t that revelatory. It proves the saying that you are never truly cured of an addiction, you fight for your entire life. She was very open about this. She fought her mental health and addiction battles to the very end.

I have seen other people mentioning that she was probably still using illicit drugs to maintain her level of sanity. She found some sort of cocktail of drugs that worked to keep her “level”.

Who knows really. But it doesn’t really change anything, she will always have been the badass princess of Star Wars, and equally badass spokesperson for destigmatizing mental health issues.

No one did. I’m just saying the press is just releasing facts. She died how she died but that doesn’t really change anything about her. Anyone who knows anything about addiction knows relapse can happen and often does.

“When you check outta this hotel, you’re nothin’ but an autograph.”

OTOH I think we can all agree, fuck 2016.

According to the coroner, they don’t even know if the drugs were a contributing factor in her death. The conclusion was sleep apnea and other factors. So while the press is indeed releasing facts, they are getting sensationalized because of the reported drug use.

What I did a bad job trying to say above is that I don’t see where it’s being sensationalized, at least among the legit press.

Autopsy report says the injury was “multiple drug intake”. She had a heart attack on the plane and then she had another heart attack in the hospital 4 days later, which is what actually killed her. They weren’t allowed to do a full autopsy so that’s all we’ll get. No confirmed link between the drugs and her multiple heart attacks, but she had taken the drugs within the past 24-72 hours, depending on which one you’re talking about.

Headline from ABC…“Carrie Fisher had cocaine, other drugs in her system at time of death”

Headline from the LA Times…“Carrie Fisher’s autopsy reveals cocktail of drugs, including cocaine, opiates and ecstasy”

From the Chicago Tribune… “Cocaine among drugs found in Carrie Fisher’s system: coroner”

I could go on. The coroners report does not list drug use as a suspected cause of death and yet there are your lead ins. So yes I believe its being sensationalized.

Oh it is absolutely suspected. They just can’t prove a causal link without an autopsy and the family didn’t permit that.

Alright, then we’re just seeing the same articles in a very different light, agree to disagree.

Thats cool. Different perspectives are a part of life.

Can’t find fault with those headlines myself-- maybe what you’re objecting to is the findings being reported at all?

Well they’re certainly implying a drug overdose, even though the actual evidence is not conclusive.

Whew damn…you can say what you want, but no-one can say that woman didn’t know how to party.

No, that would be incorrect.

When you take this

Without the context of this: [quote=“rshetts, post:91, topic:127655”]
The coroners report does not list drug use as a suspected cause of death and yet there are your lead ins.
[/quote]
and then ignore this follow up explanation as to why two people can see the same headline differently:[quote=“rshetts, post:94, topic:127655”]
Different perspectives are a part of life.
[/quote]

I can see how you get to where you are.

So essentially the answer to my question is “yes”?

Having been diagnosed with sleep apnea last fall, let me tell you that condition can f*ck you up. I love my CPAP machine and AirFit F20 mask. The difference in how I feel is amazing compared to last year.