Bleep Qualcomm right in their Qualcomm-hole

To clarify, access to media controls within apps is a setting. On by default on iPad, off on iPhone. To change it, go to Settings | Control Center | Access Within Apps.

I don’t think that is correct. I rarely touch settings on my phone and it is on by default. I never really listen to music on my phone for that matter.

Why does the iPhone 7 have a 1,334 × 750 IPS screen? That’s the same 326 DPI as a 2010 iPhone 4. Why is Apple so incompetent when the geniuses at Samsung have put a beautiful AMOLED 2960 x 1440 resolution (571 PPI) in the Galaxy S8?

Hell my old S6 crushes an iPhone 7’s PPI. Apple should be embarrassed holding back the march of technology with their stagnant displays since 2010.

ITT: wumpus reveals that he doesn’t know the meaning of “criteria”.

The iPhone 8 will finally have oled. Thank god. As for 4k on a phone, that’s critical for VR, but not many other uses.

May I suggest Nintype? The bottom row is fully configurable such that swiping the letter B downwards is a full stop. Swiping V is comma and so on.

I’ll check it out, thanks.

wish there is a Like button!

But … “Retina.”

I mean what are they going to call the next iteration? Rods and Cones? Or maybe go the other way back out of the eyeball and call it Iris.

Visual cortex

Jesus, if it was up to you guys, all progress in visual displays would have halted by 2005. Who needs to see anything clearer? It’s good enough for us, by gum! 640x480 should be enough for anyone!

I NEED THE LIKE BUTTON BACK IMMEDIATELY

LIKED

you go bear grills

Human eyesight hasn’t improved in the past 12 years. 4k on 5" phones is wasteful for handheld use because the human eye doesn’t can’t see pixels at much lower DPI.

VR is different because the screen is much closer to your eyes. But would you give up, say, 30% of your phone’s battery life for a better VR experience?

Girl, you go!

No, but I’d take a 30% fatter phone.

Sure, with a chubby phone you could still get a full day of use with that 4k screen. Or two days with a 1080p screen.

Look, we can do that, but we’re going to need some additional revenue from the project somehow. Maybe a sponsor or two.

I was humorously quoting ludicrous statements against the originator in a slightly different context to show their absurdity. I don’t actually care. But it was fun to replace 640kb with 640x480. I should have quoted myself more to make it more obvious.

I am on the side of usable devices, I am happy with a Galaxy S6 and I would take the battery life option.