Fuck Star Wars: Unaltered OT on DVD this September

DVD doesn’t support Dolby Pro Logic. I guess you’re talking about the 2.0 track (which is Dolby Digital, the only flavor of Dolby available on DVD), but I’m pretty sure that’s just a downmix of the 5.1 mix, not the original theatrical mix.

There were new 5.1 mixes, but there were also DPL tracks on the Indy discs which sounded really good.

I assume you’re talking about the French/Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0 tracks (Pro Logic is a just a decoding standard – Dolby audio on DVD is always encoded as AC-3), but I’m pretty sure those were based on the newly-created English 5.1 mix, not the original theatrical mixes.

I assume you’re talking about the French/Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0 tracks (Pro Logic is a just a decoding standard – Dolby audio on DVD is always encoded as AC-3), but in all likelihood those were based on the newly-created English 5.1 mix. That is to say they took the new English mix, replaced the dialogue with the foreign-language dub, then mixed the result down to 2.0. I would be surprised if they used the original theatrical mixes, but not having the discs on hand I can’t say for sure.

I assume you’re talking about the French/Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0 tracks (Pro Logic is a just a decoding standard – Dolby audio on DVD is always encoded as AC-3), but I’m pretty sure those were based on the newly-created English 5.1 mix – in other words, they took the new English mix, replaced the dialogue, then mixed the result down to 2.0. I would be surprised if they used the original theatrical mixes.

OMG!!! I never saw this coming! Did you see this coming? Not me! OMG OMG.

Bleugh… I am sad to say that the travesty created under the names of episodes 1-3 has, for now, soured me on all star wars. There was a time when I would have been first in line to put down money for these (hey, I was at the midnight screenings for the re-release of every episode of THE TRILOGY). Now I can’t watch even the good series without it reminding me of the suck. George Lucas the hack. I am glad to see that people can now get Greedo shooting first, but I don’t think I need them in my collection.

Yawn.

These I will buy because I’ve worn out my video tapes.

Awesome! I held off on buying the SE’s on DVD, and now I am rewarded! This is the version they should have released to begin with. Of course, this way, Lucas can make everyone buy it twice. Well, everyone but me.

I am so done with buying Star Wars stuff. I’ve got the movies on DVD and I’m done.

Well it looks like I can finally retire my bootlegged DVD copies of the Laserdisc versions.

How long until they do the original stories/music, but with remastered audio/video. I don’t care about a pure theatrical release, where you can see mirrors under Luke’s land speeder, I care about the story. A cleaned up theatrical version would be perfect.

Too little, too late. Fuck Star Wars.

All of you purists who did not buy the SEs may want to try to getcher hands on the 4th disc from the boxed set, with the documentary of the Making of:SW. It’s like almost 3 hours long, and it’s awesome.

It’s not that I’m a purist, I just suspected that this was going to happen eventually, and didn’t want to have to buy the damn thing twice. Hopefully they’ll include that special on the new discs, but who knows? Not including it would certainly make Lucas’ plan to get everyone to buy the trilogy twice pretty much bulletproof.

Yup, the Making Of DVD is great. Almost worth the price of the SE alone.

Hey, I can finally own copies of the movies. Color me excited.

Theory - I think they’re going to remake episodes IV-VI in 15-20 years. All new actors. Original actors might have a cameo. Ewen McGregor might play Obi-wan again. Hard core fans will rise up in anger, but secretly covet the new films.

I think they going to make 7-9 next with 7 showing the original actors as old folks, passing on the torch.

Like many others I’ll just purchase them agian, and complain about it all the while.

Still have the original VHS set. Then the Special Edition VHS set, then the latest DVD’s and I’ll definitly purchase these new ones so when my son get’s old enough, he can see that Han shoots first, and that fancy CGI doesn’t make for a lived in and dirty galaxy that the OT had.

Well, since my boxed set got stolen with my PC- I can wait for sept for replacements.