Fuck You, Scott Hilburn

You worthless fucking fuck, you. WOW I DUNNO DOES THAT STYLE OF HUMOR (MINUS IT ACTUALLY BEING FUNNY THAT IS) AND ART LOOK FAMILIAR TO ANYONE? Douchebag. I hope Gary Larson has you executed.

If anyone ever laughs at any of his worthless, too-derivative-to-even-be-derivative ripoff comics, even Rimbo, I’ll hunt you down and kill you all.

Holy shit what a fucking rip off.

Jesus, that’s pretty damned blatant, except he isn’t funny like Larson. And, FWIW, drawing was one of the things Larson was shit at, so it’s somewhat sensible that this hack would do best at imitating that facet.

H.

Yikes. Yeah. Unfunny. I’ll point out that it’s been hybridized with Bizarro is some unspeakable manner.

Lord, did you read “About the Cartoonist”? I mean I could have written something that lame. And probably have. On this forum.

WTF45

Wow he copied everything… except the funny parts.

It gets worse
http://youthoughtwewouldntnotice.com/blog3/?p=288

Ugh…

I love how the artist apparently has tried to pass this appalling mimicry off as “unintentional”.

I received an e-mail the other day regarding my April 13th comic. The e-mail informed me that the day’s panel was overly-similar to a comic already done by Gary Larson. I get a lot of Far Side comparisons so, at first, I thought nothing of it. However, because it mentioned a specific date, I later became bothered by it. I did a little research only to find that he was right - they were more than similar. I e-mailed my editor explaining the situation and asked him what he suggested I do. He replied that this happens quite often. He went on to say that artists often internalize other artists work. I suppose an idea or concept can somehow get lost in one’s subconscious and resurface weeks, months or in this case, years later without realizing that you’ve seen the idea before. Apparently, this happens often enough that a Seinfeld episdode was written around it. Anyhow, my editor suggested that it wasn’t a big deal - but to avoid any further confusion, I’ve decided to remove the comic in question from my archive. I’m quite embarrassed by the mishap and I send my sincerest apologies to Gary Larson as well as to all readers of my comic for any misunderstanding.

I wonder if he was able to write that with a straight face.

How did you even find this guy’s comic?

It didn’t work for George Harrison, it shouldn’t work for him.

That’s my question. The sad thing is that this scandal is going to be the most attention this asshole ever receives. Who the hell heard of him before this?

Something Awful.

There’s a strip in the Newspaper here called Close to Home that also seems like a Far Side ripoff. Doesn’t really bother me unless it isn’t funny.

As mad as I normally get about plagiarism, I think we should all sweep this one under the rug before a certain someone notices that we are discussing webcomics.

See? This is the sort of thing Sander Cohen would rail against. Where this guy isn’t directly lifting jokes from The Far Side, his humor is outdated and offensive.

Close to home is in the same vein as Far Side, but it’s not really a ripoff. It’s quite funny every now and then.

http://www.gocomics.com/closetohome/

Close to Home was the replacement for The Far Side in my hometown newspaper. I think I was 15 or 16, and my dad and I talked shit about it for months, basically hating it for replacing our beloved Larson. Then one day my dad was sitting in his chair reading the paper and he started chuckling. I go, “what?” and he goes, “I hate to admit it…” and after that we were down with Close to Home.