Fuck you Tim Langdell

On behalf of folks in the game industry worldwide, I would just like to say: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :D

YES!!! VICTORY!!!

FUCK YEAH.

The bad news train has officially pulled into Edge Game Station: Judge William Alsup has signed off on the final judgment against Tim Langdell’s game company, which had taken action against EA for violating its trademarks with the 2008 release Mirror’s Edge. Bad move, as it turns out, as rather than the legal victory which Edge claimed was “completely certain,” the company has been hit with a thudding and almost certainly final defeat.

The courts have now officially stripped Langdell of his “edge,” “cutting edge” and “gamer’s edge” trademarks, and further ordered him to inform all “edge” licensees that he no longer holds the trademarks. “Plaintiff shall notify all persons and entities with whom a licensing agreement has been obtained involving the trademarks asserted herein that the marks have been canceled and provide these persons and entities with a copy of the order denying plaintiff’s motion for a preliminary injunction and the final judgment,” the ruling says. Langdell has until noon on October 15 to provide a sworn statement that he has provided all such notifications.

There was a sliver of good news for Langdell in the judgment, as he won’t be required to pay any damages to Electronic Arts or cover the company’s legal fees. On the downside, the loss could expose him to legal action from other companies who have incurred losses and expenses as a result of his actions, although EA appears satisfied with its victory and ready to move on. “We’re pleased that we’ve reached a settlement and can put this behind us,” the publisher said in a statement. “This settlement goes a long way in protecting the rights of independent developers.”

Nice work, Electronic Arts. And I mean that sincerely.

Yeah, I have to agree, way to go EA! I don’t get to say that often, but I’m glad to say it on this occasion.

And you have to wonder if that’s not why they did it.

Serious smackdown.

Thanks, I had forgotten about that site.

from another current article ‘Confessions of a GameStop Employee’
“WHO THE FUCK LEAVES THEIR FUCKING GAMES IN THE FUCKING SUN?”
lol oh man

Tim Lagndell should have lost his professorship at National University revoked for ethics violations.

It’s funny because you could see this coming from the moment he decided to pick on EA. Little indie developers and small companies are one thing, but it was utterly insane for him to go after one of the world’s largest game publishers. He’s like an elementary school bully who found success poking third-graders with a stick to get their lunch money, and then decides to go try his luck on the kids smoking cigarettes out in back of the high school.

My favorite part is how he has until the 15th to prove he has notified everyone he went after that his claims were bogus.

Mong got rolled.

Hey Tim, time to make a new backdated website proposing your next generation of EDGE motor oil so you can sue Castrol:

He’s still kicking.

Someday he is going to trademark the phrase “Fuck You Tim Langdell” and we will all be screwed.

I didn’t realize Rob Granito was into games too…

So how long until we have nice pix in images.google of this crook wearing whites & blacks?

Follow-up on Langdell’s case by RPS. I don’t even know what to say after reading this. The man clearly has some serious problems…

TL;DRTWT but glad Langdell got justice.

Holy shit.

The comparison with Rob Granito is apt except this guy has caused a lot more direct harm. What a total slimeball; if you want to steal from people at least do armed robberies or something.