Full Frontal w/ Samantha Bee on TBS

I don’t know that the gendered nature of it was what really stung, since Sam is also female. It’s just the most aggressive four letter word you can call a woman, and still somewhat shocking to see it used on TV.

I mean, I’m certainly not offended, but it was demonstrably the wrong way to go.

Oh I’m just trying to be woke as fuck while trying to indicate “Fuck the Trump family” with as much vitriol as I can muster.

I guess you could point out that they’re easily offended snowflakes who’re enforcing political correctness if you really want to make yourself feel better. But it’s not like pointing out their hypocrisy has had any effect so far.

Essentially P&R so I'll spoiler tag it for P&R averse

Basically they are these people, who are now acting shocked, I tell you, shocked

But she IS.

She’d have gotten away with it if she were Scottish!

I really love the phrase “feckless cunt”, that is truly poetic profanity. I don’t know if I’ll ever get the chance to use it, but I’m filing that away.

Or maybe you’re only allowed to use it on men? Or be Scottish and then use it on men?

Profanity rules are tough to keep abreast of. Especially as profanity isn’t profanity if it isn’t transgressing some rule to begin with.

There are good writers working on Full Frontal.

I’m also disappointed she apologized, and not just because Ivanka Trump is indeed a feckless cunt. I’m disappointed because Samantha Bee’s appeal is that she’s an unapologetic firebrand who freely expresses the anger women (and men!) feel. Now she’s merely an apologetic firebrand. :(

-Tom

I’m not really a fan of her show, but this can’t be the first time she has called someone the c word? I thought I remembered hearing it several times back when I used to watch it.

I wonder if the only reason it’s a big deal now is because it happened right after the Roseanne thing and conservatives want to feel like they can end careers with their tears just as easily as liberals can. Not that this is comparable to an overtly racist insult, but many of them don’t understand that.

Oh, it’s absolutely one of the reasons. Samantha Bee has definitely rolled out the c-word, and the f-word, and every other word. The Republicans are running a campaign based purely on outrage and this is exactly the sort of thing they’re looking for.

-Tom

Well there was this too:

Two companies, State Farm and Autotrader, said on Thursday that they were suspending advertising from “Full Frontal.”

12 hours is a pretty short window for advertisers to feel the heat from consumers.

the alliterative effect of the successive words with a “C” sound really do it.

That, and the added little transgressive giggle for using the word “feckless”, which is so close to “fuckless”. Someone put a lot of thought into that, I bet.

And the three comic beat technique. Bum-bum-BUM

Sam Bee’s show calls out the damage Trump and his cronies do so of course they would deem it “not fit for broadcast.” Fuckers.

I saw conversate, can and assumed that Bee had said something horrific.

The fact that she just said “feckless cunt”? THAT is what folks were freaking out about? That is what they were comparing to overt racial prejudice?

It’s absurd.

Ivanka is a feckless cunt.

Feckless cunt, I just can’t get over how that rolls off the tongue. It’s like when I watched the Arrested Development episode that introduced Bob Loblaw, I couldn’t stop laughing. It’s just too perfect.

Don’t forget his law blog!

-Tom

no%20touching