Fun Stuff for your NWN2

The weapon replacement mod was sorely needed.

Thank you.

I had a character running around with a shortsword that just looked like it was made out of legos or something.

Just an FYI but Gamespot finished their game guide, if you’re having problems or want to go through a second time and “get/do everything”:

Yeah, I read the same thing later on the official forums. I’m hoping they might throw us a bone and let us know what’s in store for 1.05 pretty soon after 1.04 is released (which is also hopefully soon). A teaser for a new module or something might be nice next month.

Any mods yet that put the game into turn based combat mode? No, I’m not going to sit here and pound the space bar all day.

Wouldn’t you have to hit the space bar over and over anyway, just when it auto-pauses? I played BG2 by pressing the space bar over and over and assigning commands…

Yeah, I don’t like that. I’d like plain old turn based combat without any hoops, please. Like Temple of Elemental Evil.

This isn’t the game you’re looking for then. You should already know that by now and are just trolling the thread.

I find it very interesting that all the NWN2 mods currently available are fan made game improvements similar to what fans did for Oblivion, especially given the shit Matt took for comparing NWN2 unfavorably to Oblivion in his review way back when.

If it weren’t for all the graphical slowdowns I don’t think there would have been nearly as much kvetching. People forget the AI in BG2 was AWFUL.

On a different note, the trailer for the first installment, Purgatorio, of the Planescape Trilogy from Rogue Dao is out. Their streaming “screencast” was extremely choppy on my system, but here is the link to the AVI:

http://www.roguedao.com/planescapeTrilogyTrailerLoRes_media/planescapeTrilogyTrailerLoRes.avi

Has anyone played the free module which came with the game? I believe it’s called “Uninvited Guests.”

Just wondering what others thoughts were on it to see if it’s even worth booting up.

It’s a demo/tutorial for how to use the editor. It’s definitely not worth playing. You’d be far better off getting “Avendale”, the Alpha of “Pool of Radiance”, or “The Shadow Keep” from NWVault.

The AI in BG2 was a hell of a lot better than NWN2’s. Also, that game was actually finished when released.

My #1 complaint with NWN2’s AI is not with the AI at all. It’s with the interface.

Jesus fucking CHRIST HOW HARD IS IT TO FUCKING LEAVE POWER ATTACK MODE FUCKING ACTIVATED FOR FUCK’S SAKE?

And defensive casting? My God, what’s the point?

clicks defensive casting
waits
watches character proceed through TWO MORE ROUNDS OF INIT
clicks it again
watches character go into defensive casting and then IMMEDIATELY DEACTIVATE IT
screams

Asking if a mod is available, in a thread about mods that are available, is a troll? Or is it because I’m asking for a mod which is not part of the original game, aka a modification, aka a “mod”, that makes it a troll?

Yes, the interface, and the way it interacted with the game system and campaign design, was horrible as well. I can’t believe how many reviewers called it “intuitive”. It’s the worst RPG interface I’ve seen in a long time, excluding Gothic’s attempt to simulate a gamepad with a keyboard.

That’s an AI issue, actually. The cancellation of these types of things was also fixed in patch 1.04, I believe.

• All combat modes can now be triggered instantly, except for Parry, Rapid Shot, and Flurry of Blows, which are deferred until the beginning of the next round.
—Your pending combat modes are now displayed on the action queue UI, with a countdown ticker, tooltip, and mouse click support.
—You can now toggle of and off a pending combat mode.
—Combat modes are no longer turned off for party members at the end of their combat round.

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=535222&forum=109

NWN 1 wasn’t like TOEE so what makes you think the sequel is any different? The game engine itself controls the combat resolution, it has nothing to do with scripting. I assumed you knew this and were just being annoying.

So when are they going to patch the damn AI for real? And fix the interface (though it sounds like it’s getting a bit better with each patch. And fix the engine. It runs smoother now, but it’s still a hog even on my top of the line system.

Bah, don’t listen to me. I’m just frustrated that imho, they made NWN/D&D worse, not better. I hoped for so much from Obsidian.

Is anyone going to make a turnbased mod for Oblivion?

How do the lizard folk look and how does the dialog handle custom races?

Jesus, they fucked up defensive casting AGAIN?

The lizardmen are pretty…bland. I’ve definitely seen them done better (UO’s lizardmen looked much cooler).

As for the dialog and custom races, what do you mean?