Futurama

While my recollection is of watching the first season on Sunday nights, Wikipedia claims that only two episodes aired in the timeslot after The Simpsons to start and that the show spent the rest of season one on Tuesday nights. The second season started back in the slot after The Simpsons but the show was moved to the 7PM Sunday night timeslot halfway through and basically remained there for the rest of its run. (I’m referring to seasons here in network terms, even though the production seasons vary, as this wikipedia episode listingmakes clear.)

Yeah. the pre-Simpsons, post-football slot is where I remember it.

So is the whole cast back?
I saw a preview and the voices sounded a little different. Of course they’re all a bit older now.
As long as Billy West is in, I’m there. He could probably do all the voices himself and it would be funny.

Yes they’re all back IIRC.

They tried that with Ren & Stimpy and the results were mixed.

Interview with David X. Cohen over at the AV Club.

That might have had more to do with losing John K as a writer.
I still loved R&S, looking forward to Futurama’s return.
I love how Billy throws in Curly Howard noises for Zoidberg, and his Larry Fine is everywhere.

Oooh. The AV Club interview reminded me:
They created successively harder alien languages for each season, didn’t they? I wonder if we’ll get a new one.

I’m hosting a Futurama party tonight. I’m expecting that we’re going to enjoy watching old episodes before the premier far more than watching the actual premier, but I’m ready to be proved wrong!

Interview with Billy West on Wired.

Also, it appears Wild Green Yonder is going to be on before the premiere, starts at something like 8PM.

The episode, Rebirth, is supposed to pick up immediately after the events of Wild Green Yonder, so that makes sense.

To celebrate the occasion, here’s New New York in Lego.

Be sure to check out the Flickr link, it’s unbelievable. He’s even got the sewers built under the main display.

Woo! Two back to back episodes! Good times!

I liked the first a lot more than the second.

Ditto. The first one was pretty good. The second one seemed… unfinished.

I agree that it felt unfinished, but the gags themselves were funnier to me.

Really? The first episode really worried me. I was not laughing. The second proved really funny, though, restoring my faith.

First episode was fairly satisfying, second episode was…less satisfying.

So it turns out Sky, who hold the rights to Futurama broadcast in the UK, “have no plans” to air Futurama at present. Despite showing reruns of it constantly and knowing that a new series would be coming since Christmas. This information took me twenty minutes to even dredge up, courtesy of a snarky blog post on Wired.

I wouldn’t mind a bit of a wait, but no plans is pretty dispiriting. That means it’ll be bloody months, at best.