Galactic Civilizations 3 announced

RPS breaks in

www.galciv3.com

$40 for the “Founder’s Version” (read, beta access and 10$ off the final price)

Yup. I’m in. I love GalCiv 2.

They’re also offering a $100 get everything version, including expansions+DLC.

I suspect that will be the best deal in the long run, and I’m down for that. I wish more companies with established franchises would do that.

After my disappointment with GalCiv 1 and 2, both bought on launch, I’m going to sit back and just enjoy it vicariously through you guys instead this time. I’m guessing that way it will be a lot more satisfying! :)

I’m hoping this one is good, third time’s the carm, all that

At last, a Gal Civ with multiplayer! I’m in, but wary after the Elemental stuff.

Technically, I’m pretty sure the best deal for the long run would be not buying anything until 4-5 years after launch during a cheap sale.

There’s no way I’m waiting though. I don’t think I’m going all in at $100, but the beta offer seems pretty good. Hell, after it was all said and done, my beta purchase of Elemental eventually paid off.

Can’t wait for this. :)

They promised mp in Elemental… we’ll see.

And novel?

I’m not doubting you but do you have a link to the multiplayer info/confirmation?

Yea, exactly. I’m still a little sore over that.

Hell yes! I’ve been waiting for this for a long time! In day one, no matter what :-)

GC3 has multiplayer ;) No other info yet (sorry!), but online multiplayer is in for sure.

It’s in the press release:

Galactic Civilizations III stays true to its core gameplay while adding new features including multiplayer, political intrigue, vastly improved visuals and much more.

The announcement link on the official site seems broken right now, but Joystiq has it:

Sweet! I enjoyed my time with GalCiv2, looking forward to this.

Thanks, wasn’t able to access it on via the galciv3 site. I’m still pretty bitter about never getting MP in Elemental so I’m going to wait and see if they actually deliver this time.

For shame- no-one has mentioned its ONLY 64 bit’s this time around? That’s pretty major and pretty damn awesome.

Shut up and take my money!

Yeah, that rubbed me the wrong way too. In the end Elemental was so disappointing that I forgot it was even supposed to have MP.