Galactic Civilizations 3 announced

Time to give this game another shot.

We have Intrigue Journal #5: Tapestry of the machine out today!

The Yor truly are the greatest.

Tomorrow! Starting at 2pm ET we’ll have Quill18 streaming Intrigue, then 3pm ET Brad will be playing with Angry Joe. :)

Go! Go! Go!

Yes! More info on Intrigue and the v3.0 update is here.

Oh hype, it’s out today isn’t it? Holy crap, this month has flown by.

I’d go buy it right now, except I already bought it via the Founders package. I won’t be home much today, but I can’t wait to dive into it tomorrow.

So THAT is what Brad looks like…! I don’t watch much streaming (well, almost none) but I’ve got it running now.

How does this react to games in progress?

The Drengin will reach through your monitor and strangle you. ;)

I have no idea but a lot has changed.

Yeah, that’s why I’m wondering if I can/should go back to pre-3.0 until my current game is done. There’s a beta branch for 2.8, is that the latest prior version?

Yes I believe that’s what you want.

There’s a v2.8 branch.

But I think you’ll want to get to 3.0 ASAP. I mean, it has TAXES now.

We should put that on the box.

“Galactic Civilizations III: Now you pay taxes!”

I am a marketing genius.

The Republicans should hire you. Or is that the Democrats?

Is the GNN announcements new? Cant remember them from before, but, still, liked them. Cheers for the update though, knew the founder thing was a good idea - still haven’t found my planet though. :)

One annoyance I noticed in my new game, I started with a survey ship, and immediately sent it on ‘auto survey’. It seems to go in a Zig-zag pattern across already explored space instead of either veering of in a direction or doing a circular pattern around my single planet, thus discovering “more” for each turn.

It most likely have always done this, its just that it annoyed me now :P

Yes, GNN is one of the new features. :)

Quill18 has started a series of Let’s Plays for GalCiv III: Intrigue. :)

We’re having a GalCiv III dev stream today!

Happy 3rd Anniversary, Galactic Civilizations III!

It’s been 25 years since the first Galactic Civilizations was conceived and Stardock was founded. Today, we’re taking a look back on the evolution of the beloved series.

Nice writeup and the little images showing how the characters had aged, or apparently been ousted and replaced by another (or had an op).