Galactic Civilizations 3 announced

That sounds fantaaassssstic.

That looks terrific!

Woah! The overhaul to trade sounds nuts!

The types of government I think people will really like.

One example, if you get access to an Interstellar Monarchy and choose it, you get a Prince and Princess ship that you can then send to your worlds to build to build them up or, if necessary, enhance your military (of course, they can die).

Sample:

Color me intri— no, I’ll restrain myself. Looks awesome!

The commonwealths should be interesting. I’ve been abusing them quite a bit so we may have to put some sort of limit on how many you can have (I created 40 allied civs and ordered them to attack my enemies while I stayed neutral).

We have our Intrigue trailer on YouTube now in case you didn’t see it on IGN.

Brad continues the Drengin/Human wars game. :)

https://www.stardock.com/games/article/487179/galactic-civilizations-2018-drengin-human-wars-viii

That pretty impressive. Isn’t scouting with colony ships a little sub-optimal though? I usually try to build some cheap scouts first.

Anyway, I’m glad the AI made him pay for his mistakes!

Artists are really hitting it out of the park. Love that image (the static one for the video).

Today we released Galactic Civilizations III v2.8 which brings major AI improvements! AI feels more human-like thanks to v2.8’s “supreme commander” system update.

More info and changelog here: https://forums.galciv3.com/487114

Ohhhh, love that. Any word on an Intrigue release date, ohpleaseohplease?

Nice. I’m wanting to give this a go, but with Intrigue coming out this spring I’m going to wait for that!

GalCiv III: Intrigue is the first GalCiv game where Derek Paxton (Kael ala Fall from Heaven) and I have got to team up on.

Ooooooh, I love the sound of that!

2.8 is an excellent update, thanks. Every single change is good and shows you are paying close attention to feedback from your players. Keep it up! :-)

I feel bad GalCiv3 keeps getting left out of my playtime, it’s an excellent game now- and unless you guys bring Elemental back with the same care - I just a strong feeling it’s the last 4X I’ll play.

Brad is trying every strategy he can think of to repel the attacks of the Centauri Republic in “Humans vs. Multiverse” Part 6. :)

I played this a bit last night. Crusade with stock Altarians and I think default large map settings. I seemed to get pretty far very quickly just building colony ships as fast as I could. There is a quite a feedback going on between colonization and the good ideology bonuses.

Building colony ships as quickly as I could, I colonized the nearby systems, then fed those systems space production back into the home system’s shipyard, for faster colony builds. Each system I colonized gave a benevolent idealogy boost, which I piled into the colonization line of benefits, for more colony ships, more planets to colonize, more colonists on each new planet.

The extra colony ship is fully-loaded, so 5 population, which is pretty critical since I was starting to run out of population to export from my homeworld. Then there is the boost that gives all new colonies +2 population, which also helps with coming up with new population to throw on other worlds (and a big production boost as well).

New colonies give me benevolent points which unlocked the above goodies, but ALSO, because I am Altarian, gives me research boosts, which helps unlock a lot of nice tech to keep expanding.

I guess the idea is that special resource shortages will start to bite later on and keep me from getting much use of the colonies, but I am not short on starbases either, and the colonies have their own resources. I think I am up to 3-4x as many planets as the AIs, which I think will be hard to overcome, especially since I am also leading in tech, production and military power.

Honestly, I wasn’t even trying to push expansion that hard, it’s just a sequence of things that I fell into. I think that even with all the limitations in place, GC3 base economy and other mechanics are fairly favourable to rapid early expansion.