GalCiv 1.02 and Shootclub

Exactly my point as well. I think a permanent note on the minimap that a resource can be found in so-and-so location makes perfect sense. I can’t go destroy the starbase on the resource if I don’t even remember that it exists, and waiting for the AI to do it for me so that it reappears on the minimap is not a good plan at all. The other players may never attack the race that owns that base, or, if they do so, it may get rebuilt so quickly that I never notice it.

Resources are even more permanent than planetary systems. After all, a Terror Star can wipe out a planet, but nothing can ever destroy a resource. If planetary system information is displayed once you scout the star for the first time (which it is), why not resources?

Kudos to Brad: The planet list (F2) is now updated auomatically each turn! Very nice. If you keep it up GalCiv will have a really good interface after circa 54 more updates. :wink:

What I’d still like to see fixed: “construction complete” dialogue is still superimposed on some screen-filling narrative, rather than replacing it. And the “auto-leave orbit” checkbox isn’t properly updated when you switch planets in the same system using the sidebar while a planet screen is up.

It isn’t updated when you move around the sliders on the F4 or planet screens, though.

It’d be nice to know how the scoring system works, too.

Then when it’s perfected, GalCiv II where all commands are done with Ctrl-Alt keyboard combinations and the difficulty levels determine how many key strokes it takes to get a different screen.

The construction complete and some of the other events would be difficult to do because the game is so multithreaded. It’s one of the handful of downsides to the fact that you can be doing all sorts of different things in between turns.

I’m getting supremely irritated trying to download the media pack through Stardock (you know, the 300 meg. file). My PC downloads about half, at best, and then does a hard lock. This has happened four times.

Is there a way to get this freakin’ file packet without downloading?

Well, then you’ll never hear Brad’s rendition of “Copacabana,” but maybe you should consider yourself lucky.

Yeah, but I’m missing out on his accoustic version of “It’s Raining Men.” I really wanted to hear that one. I understand he did all the vocals.

I asked him about that and he told me they have not done any media updates. I think the 366MB file must simply be the same that is on the disk. Why it shows up as a different version on SDC I do not know, but evidently it is the same files we already have.

Ohhh. Thanks, Ty.