GalCiv 2 - Metaverse Empire Shoot Club

The problem was that GalCiv 1 forced people to choose between modding the game and playing on the metaverse.

Now, players can do both.

I’m in now. ;)

I was just thinking about something, we could probably do something where if you’re running an unmodded game that you could still submit your game to the metaverse even if you played through teh standard mode. I’ll ask about that.

Okay, now that it’s open, I’ll just add all you chumps to the senate and if anyone else joins, they’ll have to live with being overlords.

Woohoo! We’ve got someone to pad our score. Think anyone will notice that his name matches one of the solar systems?

I joined up too.

Kind of odd that my first actual post to this forum after lurking is so … lame :)

So what was your first?

-Shiroko

Form still borked in Firefox. Also, why does it need my serial number when I am logged into a SDC account with which I bought and downloaded GalCiv2? That’s just sloppy.

That one was! Saying I joined. Then, having lost my QT3 virginity, I wantonly made a second post in some other GC2 thread.

Tried to join today. In Firefox and IE, when I clicked on the Join Empire button a window pops up with some boxes and some shaded icons of humans and such, but it didn’t actually let me do anything. I was logged in.

If it sent a approval for the empire there should be some sort of popup, because as far as I can tell I can’t do anything with empty blank boxes

So how do I get to be a Senator on GC2 Shoot Club Empire?

When you’re over 5 posts.

If you really want a promotion Anders is easily bribable as long as you know what he likes.

So Anders, what is it you like?

6 posts!

<blush>

Sorry I don’t have a lot of posts. I just been a long time lurker. I just don’t have much to say because I tend to have only two modes: pedantic and trite. Like there’s not enough of that around. I was the same way back on Gone Gold, and even back on comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic back in the day.

With all the furor over marketing drones on boards I hesitated to say anything at all.

This begs the question: do you have a terminal disease of some sort?

As happy as collecting my life insurance would make my wife were that the case, no, I am as healthy as a modern 40-something sedentary male can be, other than the common ‘worth far more dead than alive’ state most guys have.

I am aware that there was some broo-haha with Rich LaPorte closing Gone Gold. But since I was mainly a front page visitor and not an active forum person, all I saw was the site disappearing. I followed Bill Harris to his blog, and that became my substitute. It wasn’t until some time passed that I really found the forums here at QT3. Though I had been reading the other parts of the site all along.

Like I said. Pedantic.

:/

I joined up, as well. Lost my first game last night. I’ll have to try again over the weekend.

Same here mighty, but I’m on my way to winning my second.

I had won my first 4 games, but lost the submissions because of serial number mess ups (well, 3 due to serial numbers, and 1 because I was unaware I had to start the game via the Metaverse tab to qualify). Ironically, when that was straightened out I lost the next two games! Doh!

Wierd, my profile shows that both of the games I’ve finished for the metaverse were on the beginner difficulty, when I am positive I played them both on normal. Especially the second one - because I was extra sure it said normal before it started (after seeing the first one say it was on beginner).