Game Awards 2020

I think I tuned in about 5 minutes after the stream started. I saw how ridiculous some presenters and games looked, and I also saw a countdown in the upper right corner (and the rapid pace of presentations), and I assumed the actual show hadn’t started yet and this was some sort of satirical skit, with stereotypical stupid looking fake gamer-ad people, presenting fake awards for fake games.

Whoopsie, turns out it was the real deal. For a solid 15 minutes I felt like I was watching an extended I Hate This Guy skit that just wouldn’t end.

By the time I saw (my favorite Saints Row 3 voice actor ever) Laura Bailey exercise her dramatic acting ability by hamming up her acceptance of some award for some random try-hard Oscar-bait Playstation game, I realized the pre-show was on the up & up.

As for the rest of the show, I had to do chores and missed the show proper. I still need to go back and see all the cool trailers. Someone mentioned Elden Ruing up thread, that’s the ones I’m looking forward to hearing about most, so I’ll probably search that one out first.