Game box art challenge?

Ok, here we go!

Wild guess…Aces of the Pacific.

Silent Hunter 2?

Heart of China?

Harpoon?

Codebreaker

Wow @Gordon_Cameron, you never cease to amaze. I’ve never played the game, but wow 2600 art could be incredible. I want to play this game, though I’m sure it’d suck.

Hey, did you get the idea for this one from my incorrect guess on the previous round?

I had a bit of an edge. At Yahoo a couple years back we did a slideshow of ‘misleading box art’ where we compared elaborate box art to screenshots of the … not-so-elaborate games they represented.

Also did you know these old Atari covers are all in a coffee table book now? My friend got me one for Christmas. It’s rad.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I1YU47U/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

I ordered that book the instant somebody posted about it here… and won’t get my hands on it before July, when I finally travel back home. When I do, it will be between you and me on those Atari 2600 guesses!

Yep, I looked up the art when you mentioned it and went “wow!”

I missed that – that’s an awesome project to do. Yep, got the book. A steal (for the standard edition at least) – great art, profiles of the artists, marketing stuff, etc. Really great.

Next up:

If that’s not Dr. Mario, that’s the most fabulous red herring this year.

Geez, that must be a record.

What, that was Dr. Mario :O

Quick and dirty, as I was already sitting in bed.

Warsong?

We are on fire today!

Haha wow you guys.

Warsong was the game I had cued up if I ever won one if these again…back to the drawing board.

Side note: Warsong was the best Genesis game ever.