Game box art challenge?

I know that cover, and it belongs to Little Big Adventure, aka Twinsen’s Odyssey-- I wonder if you had the right game in mind and got confused? :-)

I’d like to be able claim that I knew it and got confused, but I was really guessing Little Big Planet :-)

It’s funny, because I read that as Little Big Adventure as well!

Just Google’d the box art, yeah, that’s ugly! What were art directors thinking in the late 90s?!

To be honest, the game was darn ugly as well. There was some consistency, at least.

Yeah, the late-90s were bleak for art direction. Early 3D was terrible. I remember telling Blizzard at E3 how grateful I was they stuck with 2D for Diablo II.

That is correct! I almost gave it to @robc04 because I also thought perhaps he meant LBA. Funny.

This game is now 20 years old!

Oops! Just realized that I actually guessed wrong-- Twinsen’s Odyssey is Little Big Adventure 2! The first Little Big Adventure was sold also as Relentless (the title I knew) and Twinsen’s Adventure. They may look like crap now but these quirky games earned critical accolades back in the day (and judging by the amount of love they get on Steam and GOG, users enjoyed them too).
I myself could never get into the first one because I got VERY frustrated with the controls.

Your call as to whether I deserve the win!

No offense if you liked it, but to be honest, back in the day, like BigWeather, I thought they were the bane of videogaming already. The praise they received just was puzzling to me, to say the least!
Seeing as it is obvious you hold those games dear, I vote that you should win!

Agreed. I found these games charming and you guessed close enough!

Alrighty then!
I found my own pattern-- I’ll keep using games I own in physical form, box and all. I have the feeling that this one may go out pretty fast…

Counterstrike has guns on a yellow background, so I’ll guess that.

Nope, not Counterstrike!

Just a little nudge

The silence is deafening! And here I thought that yellowish background was characteristic enough. I think this was a reasonably-known game, let’s try these two bits:

Someone will get this!!

G-Police?

Mechwarrior 2?

C&C Renegade? Or did that feature a massive pair of goggles? And was after Win95? Bad guess.

Heh, sorry guys, I clearly overestimated this game’s (or cover’s) popularity. A few bits more before the final reveal: