Game box art challenge?

Ishar 3?

Nope on both. A little bit more revealed, this time of little people dotted about the landscape…

Some version of Populous maybe?

Definitely getting warmer…

Powermonger?

Yep, Powermonger it is!

While more complex than Populous it failed to get the attention that that game got. I enjoyed it on the Amiga but missed all the extreme terrain deformation of Populous.

Dang 10 seconds late! If i am not mistaken, someone posted thé Ameeican cover which went by à différent name and had nothing in common
Which is funny, because what thé hell was that Enemy Unknown cover posted right before!

Woo! I’ll post mine tonight.

Ah, French autocorrect! C’est magnifique!

Ameeican is not French or English, maybe Japanese.

No, French autocorrect dictionaries lack the word “American” out of pure contempt, so a small typo goes uncorrected. You should know that!

I’ll go with the game that taught me baseball: Hardball?

I know it is crazy with so little to go on but something about that reveal is pinging my Spidey senses hard. This one is going to be fun!

Civilization IV?

Nope to all!

Next clue:

You’re showing us too much! :-p

Ok ok, I’ll be a little less stingy.

In a slight thread hijack, RIP to Bob Wakelin, who, I just now find out, was responsible for many of my favourite 80s UK game boxes.

http://www.boxequalsart.com/bob%20wakelin%20artist%20profile%20page.html

I didn’t know I knew his work so well. Christ, I think he did everything I grew up with. What a blast from the past. Thanks for sharing, the perfect thread for it. RIP Bob.