Game box art challenge?

Time Zone. Ken and Roberta Williams’ first really ambitious title. Also their first flop, I think, though I could be wrong.

Yes, nijimeijer gets it!

Although today we view this as a pretty standard/boring early-Sierra (then “On-Line Systems”) graphical adventure, at the time the hype around this was i n c r e d i b l e. It came on not one, not two, but six double-sided floppy disks, the largest game (just in terms of ‘disk space used’ that I was aware of at the time and probably the largest ever released on the pre-GS Apple ][. It cost $100 (that’s over $250 in 2018 dollars making it possibly the most expensive computer game in history), and I never knew anyone who actually bought it. Its size made it not only inconvenient to play, but also inconvenient to pirate, although I am sure I saw it floating around at some point back then.

I need to play this! edit: after watching a [youtube video(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBVuBuWSipQ) for it, I don’t think I could stomach it in 2018. I was expecting something like in AGI like Space Quest 1.

(Annoyingly googling for ‘time zone sierra’ jut brings up a lot of stuff about the Time Zone in Sierra Leone… )

Yeah if I was going to play any of these I’d generally recommend Mystery House (the very first one, black and white line drawings) or one I haven’t played but that people generally liked, The Wizard and the Princess.

You can probably play them both in your browser. Here’s Mystery House: https://archive.org/details/Hi-Res_Adventure_1_Mystery_House_1980_On-Line_Systems

It is a great shame for me that I discovered only a couple of years ago that that country was not located in South America.

Hopefully you hadn’t booked a flight and hotel there as part of your South American tour?

Okay; apologies for the delay.

Mirror’s Edge?

Nope.

Disneyland Adventures?

Futurama: The Game

No to all. Next image -

Some variant of Phoenix Wright… random number 6?

The American version of osu tatakae oendan, elite beat agents if i recall?

Bing bing bing!

Oh darn I could’ve gotten that one. As soon as I saw the hand I recognized it. :/

I guess it’s good since I don’t have anything prepped.

Although nobody probably cares, I need to share my story, a story of pain, of loss, of consumerism, of painfully long explanations for something so mundane I dare anybody to not fall asleep reading it.
I was a huge, HUGE fan of both the Osu! Tatakae! Oendan game and Elite Beats Agents.
I had bought a nifty little plastic case which could hold six DS cartridges in a very tight space while protecting them. I put inside my “best of” of the console, with stuff such as the wonderful Aria of Sorrow, and the three afore-mentioned game.
Before moving out of my country, I put the precious case in a very special place, as to not ever lose it and find it again intact when I would come back.
A couple of years later, willing to make a friend discover the grandiose Dawn of Sorrow, I look for it… and I can’t remember where the heck I had put it.
For the past 6 years, I have been, yearly, checking all the places I can think of. I have never found it again. All my precious achievements at that game series, lost, probably forever.
Uninteresting, but very personal story.
And now for something not that different…

Master of Mar a Lago

Links 386

Outrun Amiga. I think I, um, did it upthread.