Game box art challenge?

I’m thrown by the aspect ratio. That reminds me of those old CD longboxes.

Me too. I was thinking maybe it was a PSP game, but then I have no idea what it is. Also, it feels like it’s from that early Apple II/DOS era where cover art was trying to compensate for simple graphics in-game.

Ok, last one before the reveal. People have to get it now. I know several people here have played this game. I can’t be the only one.

It’s the japanese version of cover art for a Western game a lot of you have played.

Well then I’ll guess Prince of Persia

Edit: Although I feel the clue you just gave maybe made it too clear!

Hahah. Well done.

Here was the North American box art:

I played it in high school. 🙄

Yeah, I played it in my freshman dorm computer lab in college. It was a challenge it finish it within the hour time limit.

I remember when the sequel came out when I was junior, and I had a computer of my own in my room, my brother’s old cast off computer that he no longer used. But it was good enough to play Prince of Persia 2. The sequel was a much longer game, in theory, but because you could save the game and didn’t have to start over with the time limit, it was a much shorter experience overall. I still think back fondly on the purity of the original. You have one hour. Get out of the dungeon and rescue the princess. If you die, you restart in the same area where you died, but the time keeps draining.

Ah, Prince of Persia was going to be my next guess! Good job, @nijimeijer.

Okay, I’ll get something posted up shortly.

Okay, here we go -

Looks familiar, but I can’t place it.

Imperialism?

The Eidolon?

No to both!

Okay, I’ll push the second image here, and let guesses percolate until tomorrow (unless a correct one comes in, of course!).

The Last Express.

Nope! Great game, though.

Suspect

Condemned 2

Neither of those

Okay, next shot -