Game box art challenge?

Last update till the morning.

I’m sure the game is obvious now. I’ll congratulate the winner some time in the early AM!

Empire Earth?

Incorrect.

This box is much less iconic than I realized, but the next reveal will come soon!

Total Annihilation?

Yes.

Do you want to post the next game box or do you pass again?

I didn’t actually play this game until @Brad_Wardell came here to personally invite everybody to play it on his Steam competitor, Impulse, several years ago. Back in the 90s I played Warcraft 2 and the Age of Wonders (and Seven Kingdoms, woo!) series, but no Total Annihilation. By the time I got around to playing this title I could tell that I had certainly missed out back then, but I was also pretty sure my computer probably wouldn’t have run it anyway.

The game was just a tad too antiquated for me by the time I dove in, but Planetary Annihilation was just around the corner, and I snatched that one up as soon as I could. Too bad that particular title was a heap of crap for the first few years of its life. I never did get around to playing the retooled version of that one.

someone’s welcome to knock themselves out, work and family obligations being what they are…

Coolio.

I’ll have something new up in a couple hours unless someone jumps in.

Out with the old and in with the new!

Just Cause 2?

Okami?

WINNER!

trp

I’ve been trying to keep my submissions from being extra obscure lately, and this one is probably my favorite game from the 360 era. It single-handedly justifed my purchase of that console to me.

It’s too bad that the later 2 games in the series didn’t manage to grab me quite the same way, but Just Cause 5 will hopefully do the trick.

Yeah, I love Just Cause 2.

I never noticed before that on the cover Rico’s shoulder is exploding, and he’s jumping away from the explosion of his own shoulder.

Okay; here’s one. Please note - I am not under the same “no obscure game” rule as @kerzain, although I don’t necessarily think my choice is that obscure.

2004’s Sid Meier’s Pirates!

Not Pirates!

Next shot -

Surgeon Simulator?

No, but very, very close

Oh, I think I know it, but not going to leap in unless it’s an absolutely critical vital issue.

Heh heh.