Game box art challenge?

What game has space ships fighting big demons and where can I buy it?

Well, thereā€™s always Demon Attack!

Was that Atari? If that is the case, thatā€™s pretty damn impressive.

No, Intellivision.

Atari 2600 Demon Attack was a great game IMO, but it didnā€™t have that screen.

Iā€™m not at my PC for the next frame but the cover of this game is probably better than the game itself, although that was very good too, as was the soundtrack.

Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s X-Out on the Amiga! An R-Type-a-like that I remember mostly for the sequel Z-Out.

See? @Chappers was so close with X-COM: Terror from the Deep!

Well spotted Profanicus!

And hereā€™s some excellent X-Out music by the excellent Chris Huelsbeck:

Edit: that really suits the cover image, art and setting.

Haha yeah it was a nice clue that totally went over my head! Co-incidentally someone guessed Terror from the Deep on my last box art as well. :)

Okay try this one out!

Chris Huelsbeck is doing the soundtrack for the Kickstarted Unknown Realm as well. Hopefully that game will ship (and be good).

Oh cool, thanks! Iā€™d not heard of that but Iā€™m a sucker for those kinds of 8-bit visuals and if theyā€™re sticking to that kind of aesthetic/limitation, Huelsbeck should make the most of it!

Play it! Itā€™s amazing. Probably top 10 all time for me.

X-COM: Terror from the Deep?

Third timeā€™s a charm!

:)

All yours @BigWeather!

I wouldnā€™t have gotten it so quickly were it not for the banter about it in the last little bit. =)

Ok, this one isnā€™t the beautiful box art I generally try and post (SSIā€™s in particular) but the game was one of my favorites back in the day. The art style likely gives away the developerā€¦

Yeah pretty muchā€¦

Iā€™m not familiar with this game though. :)

Winter Games!

Let the games and mission: guesses roll :D

Yup, very distinctive art style! Left_Empty probably got it but Iā€™ll guess Impossible Mission.

I recognise the art style but I had no idea it was used for other covers! My guess was going to be the same as @Gordon_Cameronā€™s! I played Impossible Mission loads on the ZX Spectrum.