Game box art challenge?

Iā€™ll go with the game that taught me baseball: Hardball?

I know it is crazy with so little to go on but something about that reveal is pinging my Spidey senses hard. This one is going to be fun!

Civilization IV?

Nope to all!

Next clue:

Youā€™re showing us too much! :-p

Ok ok, Iā€™ll be a little less stingy.

In a slight thread hijack, RIP to Bob Wakelin, who, I just now find out, was responsible for many of my favourite 80s UK game boxes.

http://www.boxequalsart.com/bob%20wakelin%20artist%20profile%20page.html

I didnā€™t know I knew his work so well. Christ, I think he did everything I grew up with. What a blast from the past. Thanks for sharing, the perfect thread for it. RIP Bob.

Colonization?

Hats ā€˜nā€™ Maps III: The Reckoning

Maybe a Carmen Sandiego?

Hmmm, I didnā€™t see that Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy smiley thingy when I looked at this earlier on my phone. But I donā€™t see a Hitchhikers themed game with box art like that, soā€¦ weird.

Edit: Cheated to find it, andā€¦ what an awful box. O.O

Hey now. I thought itā€™d be fun.

Sorry that was commentary about the box, not your selection of the box. :)

Ooooo oooo Lost Treasures of Infocom!

Correct! I canā€™t post the full screenshot now but will later.

It is funny, Iā€™m cleaning up my library in preparation for downsizing (eventually) and ran across this box just the other day. Hence why even the smallest first hint had my senses tingling. Then there was the reveal of the Ballyhoo guy and even the Donā€™t Panic symbol didnā€™t trigger it. The spilled cons and pearls finally did, haha. I donā€™t hate the box, or at least the photo. Anyhow, wonderful collection of some of the best works of Infocom.

Ok, time for me to come up with another idea. Give me a little bit. =)

Ok, here we go: