Game box art challenge?

H.E.R.O.?

Red Planet 1?

No to all!

Unreal?
It’s not Unreal, but I had to get that name out of my head.

Correct, it’s not Unreal :)

At what point do I declare victory/defeat whatever? When all but the title has been shown, and nobody guesses it?

At least post the publisher.

I can tell it’s older and the cover doesn’t match but it reminds me a lot of Outcast. Maybe there’s an Outcast predecessor I don’t know about.

I know why I thought Unreal, that gun reminds me of Unreal Tourney’s flak cannon.
No guess :-/

So, googling that studio name is basically cheating and I don’t have a box queued up so I’m not saying what it is anyways, but I feel like this was done in the screenshot game thread and I looked it up then, because this feels familiar. And my reference to another game above doesn’t appear to be very far off.

Well, the names are similar anyway!

So I decide to do everyone a favor and choose a game from some decade other than the '80s, and all I get are a bunch of blank stares.

I have literally never heard of this game, nor can recall every seeing the box. And it’s pretty awful, so I would think it should have stood out in my memory :)

Outwars was cool. It was kinda like Tribes before Tribes. Or, just a game obviously inspired by Starship Troopers.

Holy crap, the screenshot is even more “Where did this come from” to me. I mean, I know I don’t know every single game released, but coming from MS, I would’ve thought I’d at least be like “Maaaaaaybe I remember this”. I’m even more lost now.

Maybe I’ve fallen into this dimension from the Berenstein universe, where this game was never published.

We’re through the looking glass, people.

I remember seeing that box, but I didn’t remember the game (or its name) at all.

Ok, back to my wheelhouse.