Game box art challenge?

Yeah it’s that game from the guy that did… Tomb Raider wasn’t it? Dang, this is irritating!

I know it, but I never played it, so I’ll see if someone who actually played it guesses it first.

Ah, I mixed it up, it’s not the game I thought of (which was Galleon).

The Legend of Bagger Vance?

I fear no-one will get this one. I figured it must be fairly well-known, but maybe not…

That has literally never stopped me, go for it :)

Ok, this is about as close as I can get without outright giving it up:

(Hint: The last word in the subtitle is not “beard”.)

The word is either “Cat” or “Kat”; I don’t remember the spelling. I think I played a demo if there was one. Otherwise, I just remember it because of the relative dearth of OG Xbox games back in the day, and I considered getting it.

Ah, right. I somehow got both those games mixed up in my brain. I don’t remember at all how this one played though.

I wanna say it was bog standard third person action adventure, as seemingly like half of all the early games from that gen were.

Correct @nijimeijer! Pirates: The Legend of Black Kat was a third person adventure with light sailing and combat mechanics. While pretty average, I enjoyed the variety of island types (normal, swampy voodoo, icy, etc.) and the fantasy elements.

Okay, here goes …

Nice pick. I’ll not guess because providing a box will be difficult for me this week, but it’s good that I recognized a box instantly (a rare thing in my case) and I just wanted to say I did. ;)

Is that Gabriel Knight III? Subtitle is something with blood…

Yup. ;) Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned.

Damn! Got it in one! It may have had the mustache puzzle, but the box art was awesome.

Agreed. Definitely got it because of how memorable that cover was at the time. Plus: A plot that scooped the Da Vinci Code–and did it better–years before!

Okay, here’s your next challenge!