Game box art challenge?

Okay, this one should give it away.

Well I thought it was Super Nintendo, but EGM kinda ruined that, and now this makes no sense!

Blackthorne (SNES)?

You are correct! With the jaw dropping feature of having the character shoot backwards over their shoulder without even looking all at the touch of a button. Seriously, that was one of the features touted at the time. The game was fun!

Never having done one of these before, how do you guys physically do the conceals and selected reveals of the image here? I am more used to my methodology on the board wargame box art challenge.

Eh standard method has just been black layer over it, progressively revealing more and more bits of the cover (or larger sections at a time). We’ve run the gamut though; we tried pixelation of the image, fancy reveals through careful selection masks, etc. It’s kind of dealer’s choice.

Oh, What the heck. I did the best I could, here we go.

Pacific General!

Panzer General

(but peterb can have it – I’m betting he was thinking Panzer General and typed Pacific General by accident, particularly since you can see the bottom of the ‘R’ :)).

Correct! Over to you.

That was my thought as well.

What I do is save the image in X_Final.png. Then I black out everything but a little square and save that as X_1.png. Subsequently I load X_Final.png, select a square from it and note the upper left (x, y), then load X_1.png, paste and move to that (x, y), and Save As X_2.png and so on.

Yeah, I make all the conceals for the below thread. I probably should have revealed fewer tiles to start with here…

I start with 2 of 50 revealed and then randomly (die roller) remove 1 every 24 hours (ish) at the board wargame thread.

You should look into using the ‘layers’ feature of your chosen paint program. (Assuming it’s not MS paint).

I’m ashamed that I’ve played the General games so much that the typeface is embedded in my head.

Will post a new one this afternoon.

Since I feel like I got an easy one and lucked out by seeing it first, here’s another easy one back at you all.

Chips: 20 years later.

Correct!

or at least I wish that it was. But no.

Harcourt Fenton Mudd: Agent of Starfleet

ALSO CORRECT.

(I wish.)