Game box art challenge?

Oh. Oh god. Oh god. I know this.

Fyi youā€™re meant to type your guess in.

Iā€™m shocked @Gordon_Cameron hasnā€™t beaten me to this, butā€¦ Colonial Conquest by SSI? For the record, the glorious mustaches give this one away, but I didnā€™t see it until just now. =)

Thatā€™s right. Far and away my favorite game of its era.

I played that game a lot, but in, ahem, a pirated version (sorry, misspent youth) and am not very familiar with the box art.

Yeah, it truly was a great game, one of my all time faves from that era. And @Gordon_Cameron, yep, I have many games that I never knew the box art of for the same reason, haha, but this one I actually bought back in the day (and still have in great condition).

Iā€™ll think of a game and post tomorrow, none immediately coming to mind. =/

Ok, here we go!

Rockstar Ate My Hamster?

Yes Prime Minister?

In the ballparkā€¦

SSIā€™s President Elect. They had at least two releases (one in 1988, one earlier). Donā€™t know which one this is.

It was going to be 1988 but that doesnā€™t really matter, either was fine. Figured Iā€™d try something topical. Art is on the other computer, Iā€™ll edit this thread with it in a few.

Youā€™re up!

Edit: The revealed box art:

Iā€™m traveling this week so I probably wonā€™t have one posted until Saturday.

I remember being REALLY FRUSTRATED that no matter what i did in president elect, reagan always won.

EDIT: exhausted from driving. Will post tomorrow.

Another ā€œno squinting requiredā€ special. Will reveal the company name in a day if no one gets it.

You could reveal the gameā€™s name, in my case!

Two hints.

No guesses?

I havenā€™t even ever heard of the publisher :O

Oh well.

The answer is:

Empire I: World Builders, by David Mullich. Same author (and publisher) as The Prisoner

This reads like Brendon Chungā€™s take on Starflight (Warning: nowhere as good as it may sound).