Game box art challenge?

What I thought was a planet turned out to be part of some guy’s nose.

I hope you won’t mind me going back to the mosaic format (which I personally prefer):

Transformers: The Game

I think the mosaic format is too easy for some folks (the kind of folks, I presume, that can look at a one of those “relax your eyes and see the sail boat” type images, which I can’t do for the life of me). Just my two cents.

When I squint, I see this as a close up (shoulders up) of someone. Top is dark, so hair I guess, there’s red underneath that, then the face, then a bluish outfit. So, really, could be anything. The red is throwing me off. I don’t know of a lot of characters that wear headbands :)

All in all, I will assume I’m totally wrong.

You’re doing it wrong. Well, sorta. Try this instead: try to focus on a point behind the picture. How far behind the picture can take some trial and error to figure out, but the net effect is that the picture itself is now ‘out of focus’. For me, this explanation helped way more than the ‘relax your eyes’ method.

Also, what you end up seeing is just shapes, in Viewmaster-style 3D. That funky paisley pattern you see? Yeah, all the shapes are covered in that same paisley pattern once it resolves. I think some folks expect something ‘more’ which is why they never see it.

It’s like a Rorschach test. I see two bears fighting in front of a setting sun.

I see a person (or person-like) standing facing the front of the box, from a little below the shoulders on up. Red hair and horns on the top of their head.

Maybe the red is the game title?

How about Hotline Miami 2?

Or Syndicate, the red edition.

No horns:

Besides squinting, I find that zooming out can sometimes also help a lot.

Dungeon Keeper?

Ps, when I next get a go (2017?) at being thee boxer I might try combining the crystallise method with the reveal method…

Hopefully both brain types can cope with such a revelation style.

Where I tend towards the inverse.

I experimented with some alternate patterns, but none really worked.

@Gordon_Cameron would you be so kind as to update the initial post as a wiki?

My guess, which I think is probably wrong, but of a similar image style, is Heroes of Might and Magic 3: The Shadow of Death.

We must make sure this abomination never becomes true, guys!

As far as the box art, I am fairly certain I don’t know it and it is not KOTOR 2, but I love that game.

Dungeon Keeper’s and Shadow of Death’s box art both have horns in them and it’s not KotOR II either:

Wild guess, but Redguard?

Doom 2?