Game box art challenge?

Out with the old and in with the new!

Just Cause 2?

Okami?

WINNER!

trp

I’ve been trying to keep my submissions from being extra obscure lately, and this one is probably my favorite game from the 360 era. It single-handedly justifed my purchase of that console to me.

It’s too bad that the later 2 games in the series didn’t manage to grab me quite the same way, but Just Cause 5 will hopefully do the trick.

Yeah, I love Just Cause 2.

I never noticed before that on the cover Rico’s shoulder is exploding, and he’s jumping away from the explosion of his own shoulder.

Okay; here’s one. Please note - I am not under the same “no obscure game” rule as @kerzain, although I don’t necessarily think my choice is that obscure.

2004’s Sid Meier’s Pirates!

Not Pirates!

Next shot -

Surgeon Simulator?

No, but very, very close

Oh, I think I know it, but not going to leap in unless it’s an absolutely critical vital issue.

Heh heh.

Critical Condition: Vital Signs.

Life & Death!

(Thanks @Rock8man)

Correct! I actually used this in the Game Frame Game at some point, I think.

For some reason, I loved this game when I was younger, and played the heck out of it, mastering the procedures. Your turn, @Nightgaunt!

That cover creeeeeped me out. Surgeons creeped me out. Then I got a near peritonitis incident and I couldn’t wait for them to open me up while I hug them.

Wow, I was expecting a game that old to have very abstract graphics, letting your imagination do most of the work. But a search for screenshots did not bear that out.

Check out the sequel!

Funny how the box art reads “You are the surgeon!” but the image very much is telling you “You are the patient!”

Okay, new box

Cessna over Moscow