Game box art challenge?

XCOM 2

Zool.

I’m pretty sure its an XCOM game but those answers have been taken ;)

It’s none of the X-COM (or XCOM) games and nor is it Zool. So onto the next reveal we go.

FUCKING LORDS OF MAGIC!!!

How did I not see this!!! Keith Zizza created the best gaming soundtrack of all time for this game. I still listen to it almost every single week of my life, and I almost always turn off lesser in-game music for certain other games and play this instead.

And we have a winner!

The box art specifically being from the Special Edition release, so it takes the original iconic box art of Lords of Magic and puts a subtle twist on it. Whilst Impressions might be most famous for their historical city-builders like Caesar and Pharaoh, they also released some good games in the strategy genre. One of those being the cult classic Lords of Magic, which as Kerzain said has one of the best soundtracks around.

Speaking of new twist: I use Windows Media Player to play my copy of the LoM soundtrack, and instead of using the box art for the game, long ago Windows decided that the only album art I will ever be able to see for this album is the following dumb picture:

51Q1xVGdMHL.SX466

Anyway, I’ll have another game listed some time in the next 1-4 hours.

Morning time bump:

Star Ocean

Not today!

And back to the night crew:

Parts of it remind me of Bayonetta 2, and yet other parts of it don’t seem like they match up with the Bayonetta 2 cover that I remember.

Nailed it!

trp

This is one of my top three games on the WiiU, and my first foray into Platinum’s Bayonetta style games like Devil May Cry, Transformers Devastation, Wonderful 101, etc. And from all the other similar games I’ve played in this genre, this one has so far reigned supreme.

The main thing I’m looking forward to on the Switch right now is Bayonetta 3.

Good ol’ Nintendo and their alternate region covers strike again apparently. We had a similar and yet different box art for Bayonetta 2 in Australia, so that explains why it rang a bell and yet also didn’t ring a bell at the same time.

Next up is a real classic…

Outrun

It’s not Outrun, though I can see the line of thinking. On to the next reveal.

Transport Tycoon?

Not Transport Tycoon, as tempted as I was to choose it when going through my possible options. I’ll be surprised if the next reveal doesn’t give it away for someone though.

SimCity 2000?

I don’t know why but that cover looks familiar.

Another shot in the dark: Empire Earth.