Game box art challenge?

Nope, it’s not a game for the kiddos.

Re: Adrenaline Vault, yeah, something like that. :(

Quake 3?

No 3 or Qua in the title.

Silent Hill

I feel like with quotes from Avault and Thresh, it’s gotta be a PC game. Probably a shooter…

But right now all I can think of is that the original Hitman had a mostly white cover, I think… so I’ll guess that.

If you want a trip down memory lane, their stuff is archived here:

(Well, I guess it’s just an assortment of Wayback Machine links, but it’s kinda convenient.)

It’s very convenient because they link to backups with all the pages of a given review properly dumped (bunch of retrieves were partial when something went wrong with the server ironically, I gather).
Some dreadful JS leftovers though XD

Silent Hill is a good, but wrong, guess.

Yes to PC game. Not part of the Hitman series.

Thief 3?

Nocturne?

Close enough, I’ll give it to you.

Sorry for the delays. I meant to put some people and the fangs in next.

I really wanted to love Nocturne when it came out. It had really (for the time) impressive visuals, and a badass story. It was also interesting that you could play the episodes in any order. I assume this was kind of a holdover from TR’s shareware days. The clunky controls kind of did it in for me, though, and I think I only finished two of the four episodes.

I believe they kind of connected it to their Blair Witch games (bizarre use of that license, though not unwelcome), and I also think that BloodRayne kind of fell out of these titles, too.

Anyhow, here’s a cover -

Gabriel Knight 3?

I had the same experience with Nocturne.
Didn’t know it was connected to Blair Witch though

Yeah, they did three (!) Blair Witch games, all focusing on different aspects of the legend, and taking place in different time periods. Nocturne characters show up in the first, and it’s directly connected, a sidequel if you will. The other two don’t have that, though.

Pillars of Eternity

Civilization?

No to the guesses above. Next image -

I’m trying to think of box art with bullet holes.

Outlaws?

It is Outlaws! (grumble grumble I knew I should’ve listened to my gut and not revealed the bullet hole yet)

It used the engine they’d made for Dark Forces, and was kind of ugly, but was a pretty sweet Western title. And like most LucasArts games of the time, it had a killer soundtrack. Most importantly for this thread, it had (in my opinion) a fantastic cover.