Game box art challenge?

It’s not Stronghold!

There’s nothing else to reveal next, other than the full name :’(

There’s still the eyes! They might be the key to whole mystery.

Darn! Thought I had this one.

Many games had bad covers in those post DOS days !

Medal of Honor?

Medieval Andy McNab won’t let you see them!

I think most covers post-DOS have been awful, frankly. And modern box art, ignoring the fact that games don’t come in boxes anymore, are also awful.

So I guess I lose? 😢

A 2004 release from Creative Assembly Sofia? I’ve never heard of Knights of Honor or that studio before.

Knights of Honor is awesome: it’s like a lighter and awesome mix of EU and Crusader Kings with a small RTS thrown in for battles on top. It has been one of my favourite PC gaming experiences… After EU2.

Paradox Interactive published it in the US. It was a pretty cool game, it was a Europe-wide medieval RTS game with a Stronghold like siege-mode. Apparently THQ Nordic are making a sequel!

I originally bought the DVD simply to get an extra icon on the Paradox forums…

Here’s the full cover:

And the “definitely needed to be different” US cover:

New box!

Will I be having a third box in a row?!

Return Fire?

The Playstation generation mostly just blew by me. At the beginning I was a PC Gaming snob, and later I realized consoles were great thanks to the N64, but Playstation games, if I ever happened to see one, looked horrible to me in comparison.

It’s exactly the game I was thinking of, excepting it’s a 3DO one XD

Blame the Sony ban policy on 2D games outside of Japan. Stupid decision to me, but seems it worked for them.

Yes! Correct.

Me too! After the Mega Drive (Genesis) I was primarily a PC gamer until… now? I had a 360, which I bought years after release, and Wii and Switch again bought many years after they were out. Some unless a game was on PC I would have no idea about it really.

In this case I chose the PS cover simply because it had colour, whereas the PC cover was monochrome looking. :)

Tanks and attack helicopters for ages 6+, huh?

Damn, I had no idea there had been a PSX version. Wonderful multiplayer game.

It’s pretty cartoon, tbh.

Infact for years I couldn’t remember the name of the game and would have to google “game with helicopters, jeeps and tanks where the jeep’s wheel’s floated in water”. Eventually I found out it was the sequel to Fire Power, which is incredibly obvious once you’re told it, and it’s been easy to find ever since.