Game box art challenge?

No idea but I’m both excited and terrified to learn the answer.

Looks like some Dirty Space Alchemy to me.

Space Dawkins

I thought I had it, but then I checked!

So it isn’t E-motion, but the art is thematically similar…

Thematically similar art, but very different gameplay

As I suspected, I’ve seen this cover before, but I can’t for the life of me remember what the actual game is.

I can’t get over that hair style. That’s really something else.

Powermonger?

Thank you for posting the game title I had been looking for a whole week!

now i can finally sleep

Btw, in the Space Strategy Thread, @Woolen_Horde posted this link to a website with thousands of Dos Box Covers. It should prove very useful for people looking for ideas for this thread. There’s all kinds of boxes on there that I’ve never seen before.

DOS, peh!

This is the English 8bits computer game covers thread, sir!

Edit: dang, for some reason this site really doesn’t behave on my phone : can’t even zoom out the view !

Gone about as far as I can without totally giving it away:

There were a lot of great Psygnosis box covers.

They had a lot of great game covers!

Ever since I posted it as a guess? ;)

As for the box: The more you reveal the less I know.

I’ve cheated and looked this up. I’m not going to guess as I’d never heard of it!

Didn’t think it was that obscure (is any Psygnosis game that obscure?), but doesn’t look like anyone’s going to get it:

I don’t know what it is but I fucking love how hard this goes. This should have been the key art for SpaceChem or Opus Magnum.

Not far off, to be honest.

I cheated and looked it up. I thought I remembered that right hand. It turns out I didn’t! The name struck a chord, but I have zero memory of it beyond thinking I saw the name once. (But I wasn’t Psygnosis’s target audience.)

I know it’s not E-Motion, which has been suggested twice already, and I’ve also cheated and looked it up, but I really want to say are you sure it’s not E-motion? because the game even looks similar!