Game box art challenge?

Hmm, reminds me of Pool of Radiance perhaps.

Or the D&D basic (? the red, low-level one - forgot the nomenclature of it) box cover!

I fear this might be some red-herring, and that dragon-like claw actually pertains to a Fu-Man-Chu wannabeā€™s hand. This looks very familiar, in any case.

Iā€™m an old man and tired from lots of work this week, so Iā€™m gonna go ahead and post the third shot early so you all donā€™t have to wait till morning.

Man, I keep coming back to Dragon Wars but that has already been shot down.

I know this one, or at least know Iā€™ve seen this. Gah, what is it!

Heh heh.

This next one probably gives it away!

Well that is definitely not the Sierra logo. Hmm, sorry. I know Iā€™ve seen it, but damned if I can name it.

I remember it, didnā€™t play it. I think it was a Sierra type gameā€¦

I figured it out by remembering one of the developerā€™s other gamesā€¦feels like cheating a bit, so I wonā€™t answer unless it looks like no one is going to get it at all.

They used to advertise in CGW a lot.

I know that logo and the developer! But canā€™t place the actual gameā€¦

Super familiar but I canā€™t fish the name out of my noggin. So instead I have to go with gut instinct and then check Mobygames and see how wrong I was.

Ulric the Unready?

Eric!! Darn I couldā€™ve got that one.

Close. :)

Yeah, seeing the logo I knew immediately it was Legend, but couldnā€™t remember the title. Quick Google of Legend boxes revealed the answer but thatā€™s cheating so Iā€™m out. Donā€™t know why I always forget this one but remember Spellcasting series and also Time Quest.

Yeah so I wasnā€™t as wrong as I thought, just one vowel off. Take it if you want it @Khelavaster.

@CaseyRobinson Thank you, but typos aside you IDā€™d it correctly so you should take the honor. :-)

Legend also had the Gateway games. I should get around to playing those one of these daysā€¦

@CaseyRobinson - As stated below - close enough that I think you get it!

I love this game. One of my all time favorite text adventures. So goofy, but so great, with a lot of responses to the kind of stupid crap a 15 year old is going to type into the parser.

@BigWeather and @LeeAbe I had to chuckle slightly at the Dragon Wars guesses. It almost felt mean when you see that one next to this one -

Boris mustā€™ve liked that kind of creature.

King of the bicep vein.

Eric sure looks a lot like Richard Garriott, in a bulging muscle fantasy.

Heh perhaps. Have you ever played the game? Itā€™s a broad comedy with a lot of parodies about other fantasy games, as well as other nerddom like popular science fiction, etc. Loads of fun.

Better late than never. Oh wait, leme check the cheat sheetā€¦ All clear.