Game box art challenge?

Ride the Lightning by Metallica? Silly you, this is the game covers game, not the album covers game.

Ghouls’n’ghosts, I bet my life on it!

Dang, didn’t think it would be that easy. Will post the full shot later, you’re up @Left_Empty.

It was only an unlucky pick: it is one of the only two action games I ever finished (although I never managed to complete the second “run” and get to the real ending), the other one being Strider Hiryu - you bet I know their cover art by heart!

That’s pretty amazing. My friends and I played it pretty much every day for a summer and none of us ever beat it. Might have something to do with the drinking though. So many good memories around that summer and playing it.

I think, just like Strider actually, the game was less about reflexes and more about learning the button press timing to the second - and learn about the various little bugs and exploits that made your life easier. Also, not getting hit once, in the long tradition of coin-op games, was a must, as the game was a lot about getting the proper set of weapon going with your gold armor for the right section of the game. It was a strategy game, in the Chickesque acception of it, obviously!

Edit: anyway, the following one, I had never heard of at the time - well I didn’t even own a NES. Oops, nevermind that big hint.
It may be quite obscure. Although, while looking for a box, it appeared it got a youtube exposure quite recently.
This is from a poster of the box, the finest thing I could find:

Test Drive? The first one. Played that on library computers in school when I was a kid. Never seen any box art but it’s the first driving/racing game I remember playing.

Out run?

That was my first thought, but Outrun was a Testarossa, not an F40. (Maybe sequels were?)

Let’s mix things up!

Oh, Strawberry Octopus Ferrari! Duh!

I think you might have gotten some letters right.

Top Gear?

The Last V8?

Nope, but that last one is getting closer!

You paid someone to paint your acid trip, didn’t you?

I don’t think Micro Machines was on the NES not had weird flamingos on the cover, but let’s say Micro Machines.

You are moving back away!

This is the last frame that I prepped. Please somebody solve this Dolph Lundgren.

Contra?

Ultimate Stuntman.