Game box art challenge?

Amberstar?

Nope. Perhaps a ninja will help:

Next frame…

Moebius?

Sentinel?

Moebius it is!

That cover scared me as a kid. I remember playing a bit of the game (of course, I am an Origin fanboy) but don’t remember how far I got. I found the way the tiles were layered a bit off-putting and didn’t like the “big head” character art (though we see that even now in games like Battle Brothers). How was the game back then? How does it hold up now? Sadly no really good ways to play, like much of the non-Ultima, non-Wing Commander output of Origin it is unavailable (also because much of this never made it to the PC, though this might have?).

Edit: It did make it to PC. C’mon GOG, get on it!

The game’s screenshots were what scared me as a kid!

I loved Moebius, it was great. I tried it on a C=64 emulator, a long while back. I certainly didn’t remember the frequent three-minute load times. :-/

I like to emulate C64 games on Vice … you can speed things up pretty easily to shorten load times. Other emulators probably have similar features.

I never really got into Moebius; I think the big head graphics put me off. Always felt like a ‘one that got away,’ gaming-wise.

I barely remember playing Moebius (the screenshots look odd because I had a monochrome monitor at the time), but I remember being frustrated with the combat. It was one of the first Origin games I remember not liking that much, which was surprising because I loved their stuff.

Mostly it reminds me of a time before demos or the internet where you had to look at ads, your CGW collection for a review, or the game box, and try to figure out if it would be a game you want to spend money on (how much were games then?). It was an Origin game which had a cool box, but it didn’t look like my kind go game, so should I buy it? It reached a point where I was desperate for a new game, so I bought it.

Wasn’t Moebius during the time where Origin started including little toys? Ulitma IV had an Anka (plus the cloth map and spell book), Auto Duel had a miniature tool set, etc. Did Moebius come with anything?

Also a time where there was no back log. I bought a game and played it until I was sick of it, good or bad.

In my family there was a time when EA could do no wrong – the album box alone justified a purchase. Then came “The Last Gladiator.” Sigh…

Are you sure? It definitely looked like a Dragon’s eyebrow when clipped, but there’s no Dragon’s eyebrow in this image.

I had never ever heard of The Last Gladiator. Good thing. All of my early memories of EA can remain happy. (Early memories being those prior to “our port of ‘Financial Cookbook’ didn’t sell well, so we’re not going to support the ST.”)

Hey guys. Digging for a pic. I’ll have it up tonight.

No? Maybe this?

X-Com: UFO Defense?

Not X-COM!

Did Galak-Z ever get put in a box?