Game of the Month - April 2018

So happy to see that! ;)

Skyrim VR. Such an amazing experience. If you were looking for an excuse to pick up a Vive or Rift, this is it.

"Trailer for sale or rent,
“Rooms to let, 50 cent…”

For me this month it was Far Cry 5 and Mafia 3. Sometimes sequels can work super well if the developer learns and incorporates all they notice in the videogame industry. Both of those were unexpectedly good.

B-17 Flying Fortress Leader.

I guess for me it was Ironsight, a free to play Black Ops II clone on PC that’s currently in open beta. It’s pretty good if you’re looking for that old school 6-years ago boots-on-the-ground Call of Duty experience, without having to pay those scummy people at Activision with your hard earned money.

Fortnite.

I really didn’t play much other than that save some retro gaming.

The retro…
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island - Play through of the month on the RGB forum.
Donkey Kong - Arcade version for the RGB score challenge.
SEGA Rally - Saturn version for RGB
Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa Opa - RGB again.
**Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+" - My choice for the weekly RGB high score battle in April.
Michael Andretti’s IndyCar Challenge - Playing games on the Super Nt and considering doing videos on racing games specifically since that was my specialty in Computer Games Mag years ago now.
Wolfchild - SNES version picked up for a song recently.

We really need a “Pick Ups” thread on Qt3. It’s fun to post gaming things you find, but maybe everyone here just buys digital and doesn’t care? Anyway, beginning of April…

Oh! I forgot I bought and played some Wild Guns: Reloaded on PS4 this month too. It was on sale and it’s superb. A really nice update of an already incredible game.

God of War - This seems to have an inverted difficulty curve. Hard was nearly too hard in the beginning, but once I got a ways into the game it tapered off and the gameplay became incredibly satisfying.

Yakuza 6 - I’m not too far into this one yet, however I’m loving how they changed the game and the new engine so far. Being able to walk through Kamurocho in first person and enter buildings without loading is awesome. Why is there no Yakuza VR? With all the minigames it seems like a no-brainer.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations - I played the first game in the series years ago and I never finished the second, but I heard this one is one of, if not the best in the series so I figured I’d check it out. It’s great going back to this series. Love the soundtrack and the character animations, and the story has been really engaging so far.

Battletech for me by a longshot.

Same here! Battletech!

For me, it has to be Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice without a doubt.

Nothing in recent memory has come close to the intensity of that tale; to the way the story immerses you into Senua’s psychosis. Played with headphones, it was a revelation.

Honourable mention to Thea: The Awakening which I picked up at the end of April. I finally managed to get a town to survive more than 30 turns and am enjoying the exploration and the random events.

This has been a tactical TBS month for me, with Battle Brothers absorbing most of my time until the release of Battletech, which I have been playing a lot since then.

How this thread works? can I say God of War and have the magic work?

Cities Skylines. I must’ve started at least 20 cities. Most of them ended up turning into traffic nightmares, especially around the 30k population mark. Ran into severe problems with garbage and dead people. All of my failed towns also had brown rivers filled with sewage, sorry neighbors.

I enjoyed going back to Ultima 4 after not playing it in many years, with the original map & runic Book of Mystic Wisdom. It was really fun trying to explore the world again and figure stuff out without looking at internet guides.

Ghost Recon Wildlands was also fun to revisit with the new Sam & Predator missions.

Shout outs to Nba 2k17, Lumo and Garden Warfare 2

Yeah, that’s the way to do it. With the middle Ultimas, if you start out armed with all the clues and keywords and maps, you’re basically playing a shell of a game.