Game of the Month - June 2020

Happy Steam Summer Sale Everyone!

What has been your primary game this past month? It could have been a recent title, a new discovery, or something from your backlog. Or perhaps an old favorite you returned to years later? Honorable mentions are also welcome, these would be other games that you enjoyed this past month, but not the one you spent the most time enjoying.

For June my game of the month is:

• CONTROL - finished this up, and all post story content, lots of combat that I overall really enjoyed, but have had enough of for awhile. Amazing game world they created here.

Honorable mentions:

• Deep Rock Galactic - still playing , still drinking beers.
  • Planet of the Eyes- short walking/jumping sim, I enjoyed it.
  • Hypernova Escape from Hadea - unique tower defense game, sorta feels a bit like a RTS also.
  • Glass Masquerade 2: Illusions - love me some puzzle assembly, I just picked up all the DLC also.
  • Hardspace Shipbreaker - only played an hour so far, I think I am class 3 now, unique game that I wish I had more time to play right now!
  • Hitman 2 - Hitman 3 news got me to get my ass in gear and finish all the missions. Still have a bunch to go, its really a great game.

What game defined June 2020 for you? What was your Game of the Month?

For me, I think it’s a tie between Deep Rock Galactic, Warhammer 40K Inquisitor and Bloody Rally Show. I played other games, but those three just dominated.

It’s been a terrible month for gaming, but I put a little time into:

• Age of Wonders: Planetfall, which is great.
  • Divinity Original Sin 2, which is alternately interesting and frustrating as hell, I’m not sure I’ll last much longer at it (and this is my second try).
  • Overload, which is absolutely amazing but I can’t play it for very long at a spell.

Desperados 3 - a sight for sore eyes, comfort food, memories, a delight. I’m not so sure about the gameplay’s details, but since I spent lots of intense, cheerful hours with Commandos in the 90s, it’s a game that works like magic on me.

Black Mesa
Pool of Radiance
Ultima IV

Probably The Last of Us Part II and Shadow Empire. Two very different games. :)

Dear God :) I hope 1 turn isn’t what it sounds like. I think that’s 3258 turns per year.

Congratulations!

This is really cool, congrats. Now you have time to focus on derpspace.

Mostly Fire Emblem: Three Houses, though I’ve taken a break the last few days.
On my PC it’s been either Titanfall: 2 or Shadow Empire

This is a hard question to answer. I can’t remember what I’ve been playing. I need to keep a diary…

… GOG Galaxy to the rescue:

Watch Dogs 2 - Ongoing…
Chimera Squad (Thank you Razgon :) - Fun!
Ashes of the Singularity - Fun but broken!
Far Cry New Dawn - Thought I was out but they dragged me back in.

Old World, really like this one, great one more turn feel.

Ha, a turn is literally any move, and you do a lot of walking. You can burn through hundreds of ‘turns’ in a couple of minutes.

Was it good? Should I add it to the backlog?

If you’re really into CRPGs I would call it an indispensable classic, but it really depends on how retro you’re willing to go. I’m probably one of the world’s biggest Ultima fanbois so my opinion on this matter is not reliable. :)

Still Animal Crossing
Some Skyrim in there. Modded to hell and back, of course.
Just started The Last of Us (I’m a little behind there). Then my PS4 controller bit the dust.

Also I play some Tank Mechanic Simulator when I’m not feeling up to anything else. I do not suggest buying it right now…or maybe ever. It’s mindless.

For me it’s a tie between Persona 4 Golden and, surprisingly, Erannorth Reborn, which is a really great game.

Honorable mention goes to Drox Operative 2.

Grim Dawn.

Lots of Grim Dawn.

Primarily this. But put a bit of time into Chimera Squad.

I think I’m going to go with Golf on Mars? I’m about 1500 holes in and it’s not exactly a zen experience… It’s more like a teeter totter of hugely satisfying miracle shots and hopelessly frustrating challenges, neither one lasting long before you tip back to the other.

For me it was more Valorant and Hollow Knight. HK was kindly gifted to me by a fellow QT3er (thanks @Vesper!) and I liked it enough after a few hours to turn around and buy it for PS4 so I could enjoy it on the TV.

I now am approaching 25 hours or so and even if I don’t finish it, it’s been a great ride with some minor gripes.