Game of the Month - November 2022

What has been your primary game this past month? It could have been a recent title, a new discovery, or something from your backlog. Or perhaps an old favorite you returned to years later? Honorable mentions are also welcome, these would be other games that you enjoyed this past month, but not the one you spent the most time enjoying.

For November 2022 my game of the month is:

• Deep Rock Galactic - Season 3 has arrived miners with spiders to kill, rock to mine, hats and beards to craft. Life is good.

Honorable mentions:

• Gotham Knights - It’s not great, its not even that good, but its fun to play as Batgirl and beat up thugs around the city. I think I am past the half way point of the story, its been ok, but feels short with lots of side filler crap to level up characters.

• Antihero - Me and @geggis having lots of rematches.

• Learning Factory - Still in early access, it could be a purrfect factorio-lite alternative when complete.

What game defined November 2022 for you? What was your Game of the Month?

Grounded

I got heavily back into my Xenoblade Chronicles 3 adventure on the Switch this month, after taking a little break from it.

Also playing a bit of Diablo 2 Resurrected.

Probably Cyberpunk 2077. It totally infected me.

Modern Warfare II. The DMZ mode has hooked me hard.

For most of the month it was King Arthur : Knight’s Tale which is excellent.

For the last few days it has been a return to Valheim in anticipation of the Mistlands release.

Dark Souls 3. It’s taken a while but I’m getting decent at this game. Not great, but I’m having fun. About 40 hours into the game. I ran into a boss, before a boss, and it’s giving me some trouble. Back at it!

I spent over 100 hours in Persona 5 Royal and 70 hours in Tactics Ogre Reborn this month. TO:R will probably end up my December GOTM as well at this rate.

I’m back to playing mostly Final Fantasy XIV Online, so that would be my pick.

My honorable mentions would be Marvel Spider-Man Remastered, Vault of the Void, and Against the Storm.

I gave up one addiction (Elden Ring) for another (Grim Dawn) in the last couple of months and I’m not done with GD but needed a break, so November was mostly about Diablo 2 Resurrected, and while I’m having some fun with it, I just keep wanting to go back to GD.

Also played a bit of AC: Origins; it’s finally hooked me after a few restarts, so hoping I stick with it to the end this time. Also Persona 4 on the Switch Lite, but haven’t fully committed yet.

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide

Yeah, it’s got some issues, but it’s good fun. I’ve got 80 hours into it already.

Started with Elden Ring and finished with Soulstone Survivors, a Vampire Survivors-like with better graphics (what can I say?).

Slice and Dice and Tsukihime.

God, I’ve played a lot of good stuff this month so narrowing it down to one…

• Scorn - It was such an unpredictable, beautiful, unsettling and enigmatic experience.

Honourable mentions:

• Betrayal at Club Low - It’s always a joy returning to Off-Peak City and this time we’re sneaking into a bumping club to rescue an undercover agent, with pizza and dice (and pizza dice). Some of the best music I’ve heard in-game all year.
  • Dungeon Deathball - Loved this. Clever Into the Breach-style tight turn-based tactics, with a deathball.
  • Slice & Dice - I see this being on my phone for a long time. Cheers @Misguided.
  • Antihero - I should have put this among my October games of the month as well because I’ve been having a great time with @lordkosc. Again. We’ve got our money’s worth eh, kosc?
  • Dome Keeper - This was an impulse purchase but despite its simple gameplay loop there are some really interesting twists underneath the surface. Can’t wait to see what else they add.
  • Little Nightmares - Finished this last night and it was so much better than I was expecting. I don’t think it quite pipped Inside but there’s so much personality in the environments and (horrible) characters.

Got a busy month ahead too with the Quarterlies coming! :)

I guess so. :P

12-3-2022 5-13-03 AM

Archvale. I was having so much fun I finished almost all of it in a day.

I also played a lot of Idle Slayer for some reason.

Plague Tale: Requiem I think. Felt like a smaller team given a larger budget. Tried a bunch of stuff this month, but this one pulled me all the way though. I might even buy the first to find out who these people are :)

Honourable mention to Mafia which I got to in some backlog clearance, having picked it up after playing Mafia 3, and wanting to find out who these people were :)

November would be defined by Pentiment. Opinion in the Pentiment thread, but the short version is that the first 3/4 of the game I loved, then it really sank in the end. Came out feeling positive, but I wish the narrative had gone a different direction.

Other than that, it’s the continuation of the award-winning Wylde Flowers (Apple Arcade Game of the Year; I play on PC) and Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. I don’t see anything changing for December, just more of the same.

Good on you for being able to play a more recent game without having played the first. I fail miserably at that.

November was all about Dragon Age: Origins for me, having finally gone through Mass Effect: LE. Little bit behind the curve on my RPG’ing.

God of War: Ragnarok was a great time. Didn’t break the mold or anything, but we enjoyed it enough to get platinum.