Game of the Month - September 2018

Well, while LB is indeed both dodge and block, pressing B only blocks. Maybe that would help?

Thanks a bunch! This is saving me much trouble, I wish I had known it earlier.
I still hope there is more variety than the bubble puzzles later on, as they don’t feel very satisfying to me compared to the plain shooting ones.

Played through Gears of War 4 for the first time, on hardcore difficulty, and immediately started an Insane run, but not sure I’m going to stick with it although so far I’m not finding it too frustrating (it does turn levels more into puzzles though).

Also played some Spidey and finally resumed my Pillars of Eternity playthrough. Bogged down a bit with the White Marches stuff because I find buffs/debuffs so boring and those combats require a lot of consideration of damage types/analyzing defenses/equipping for fights. I’m not going to drop the difficulty from hard, but I’m not going to enable difficulty scaling either, so I’m content with easier fights going forward as combat isn’t my favorite part of the game.

Dragon Quest XI took up a ton of time, most likely my GOTY.

I spent far too much time replaying the old Forza titles. Mopped up achievements abd bucket lists to get my loyalty tiers up for Horizon 4. Not worth it at all for the rewards (60k car and some wheely spins), but I had fun and that’s what counts. Forgot how much I loved the Storm Island and Hot Wheels expansions.

I also had a good time with Super Bomberman R’s short and sweet campaign. The bonus levels and credits were adorable.

Shout outs to Aven Colony and Dead by Daylight. That new half naked spirit lady sure is creepy!

For me it would have to be Capcom Beat 'em Up Collection mainly because I didn’t seem to play much else in September.

7th Dragon III Code: VFD on 3DS

I got this based on a couple of good reviews but had ZERO expectations and am totally loving this game. It’s a fun JRPG with a pretty cool and flexible combat system. Skills are pretty varied by class and are extremely fun to use and combine (buffs, debuffs, proc-type traps/spells, stacking combos). There’s a bit of a time travel element as the game has you going into the past (Atlantis) and back to the present. Combat is fast and the animations remind me of Phantasy Star IV a bit.

I know one person that will verbally (rightfully) abuse me, but I’m in yet another World of Warcraft phase.

YOU SON OF A BITCH.

Sort of like that?

For me it’s been a steady mix of Dragon Quest XI and some Field of Glory 2 DLCs that I bought over the past month or so. I love the battles so much - just wish there was a proper campaign system :|

Star Control: Origins. By a mile.

Yes, same here. It seems to be rare these days that I actually finish a game, so while I may have some complaints I have to give Star Control: Origins a thumbs up.

I also spent a chunk of time in Bard’s Tale IV, before running off to play Star Control.