Game of the Month - September 2020

What has been your primary game this past month? It could have been a recent title, a new discovery, or something from your backlog. Or perhaps an old favorite you returned to years later? Honorable mentions are also welcome, these would be other games that you enjoyed this past month, but not the one you spent the most time enjoying.

For September my game of the month is:

• Deep Rock Galactic - this sucked up a lot of my limited free time again, the Deep Dives are amazing, and I’ve just been lucky with really good random teammates as of late. New patch coming soon with new game modes and cosmetics! Can’t wait.

Honorable mentions:

• Frostpunk - Finally completed The Arks scenario after over a half dozen failures. I have a love-hate relationship with this game.
  • Horizon Zero Dawn - As I near the end of this game, the awesomeness of the first dozen hours has worn off, I will be finishing it soon but have grown tired of the world and the repetitive monster encounters. Fast travel has been my crutch.
  • Antihero - Still playing!

What game defined September 2020 for you? What was your Game of the Month?

Wasteland 3.

Morrowind

Hades

It’s gotta be Star Fleet II: Krellan Commander. When I wasn’t playing/streaming my career, I was practicing in demo mode, or just thinking/talking about it and fixing bugs. I’m totally obsessed.

Beyond that it was more Bloody Rally Show and Kingdoms of Amalur: The Re-Reckoning.

Greedfall. (7 out of 9 games are my 9,5 games)

Red Dead Redemption coming in second. This aged well. Playing for the first time.

What a month. Still lots of work. Too much work. But these two games reminded me why I love gaming. Just some minutes every day with different rules in a different place.

I love your phrasing here. A great encapsulation of our hobby! :-)

I spent the most time with Crusader Kings 3. I enjoy my time with the game, but I’ve played so much of it in such a short amount of time that I’ve burned out on it. I’ve been playing other stuff for the last couple days.

No Man’s Sky for sure. I didn’t own it at the initial launch so I missed a lot of the disappointment when the game first came out, but the time I spent with it earlier this year and now has been nothing short of great.

I’ve mostly been playing Glass Masquerade 2 with one hand while holding an infant with the other.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker has taken up most of the time this month, doing a great job of evoking the classic Infinity engine games while doing enough different to feel fresh (and Pathfinder is definitely a more interesting system to tinker with character builds for than D&D 2e ever was). I can feel myself starting to lose steam in it and might not finish, but it’s been a good time.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, which does for the GBA Castlevania games what Kingmaker does for the Infinity engine, has been my other go-to. Again, I could nitpick various things, but it feels like coming home.

Also dabbled a bit in Hades and Spelunky 2, but haven’t gotten all that far in either yet.

A toss up between Crusader Kings 3 and Skyrim for me.

Was playing a boat load of Train Simulator then got back into Norman’s Sky a bit when the update dropped, as always happens.

For me, it had to be No Man’s Sky. Again. This last update was awesome.

Honorable mentions go to Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Spiritfarer, and AI War 2.

Tony Hawk 1+2 for me, definitely. I miss the days of the fun crazy sports games.

Ahem. Yeah, same. Again.

Though I’d also rank Hades and 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim.

The Wolf Among Us, which is my only game of the month.

Warriors All-Stars, which was not that good but the only thing I really played this month.

Oh, and Gran Turismo Sport in VR.

It started off with Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning, but there was a strong contender at the end of the month:

From this day forth NMS shall be known as Norman’s Sky.

Zombie Army 4
Factorio
Troubleshooter Abandoned Children
Freespace 2