Game of the Month - September 2022

It was a total surprise for me and came out of nowhere, but my game of the month this month was Shroud of the Avatar.

A few weeks ago I noticed my wife was playing it again and decided to join her. I had a fairly developed online character with some decent crafting skills too and it was refreshing to play with her and help explain some of the systems, especially the deck building. I even learned some tweaks that I had never tried before! I ended up hitting my first GM, in blades, and then in mining.

They have had some issues with the latest patch release since Thu where they are still down and trying to recover what broke during the update and still aren’t up. The game is fully Offline supported now, though, so I just made a new offline character and played all weekend. Progression offline seems way faster with lots more loot and artifacts dropping so I made some good progress. Got a decent new ranged build that I have never tried before and just finished crafting up my first good longbow and set of epic leather armor. I just unlocked my water elemental, which is a big help as they add some ranged damage and heal you automatically. I am a little surprised I am having such a good time with it.

My wife and I plan to play more once the online server comes back up, but she picked up Grounded during the weekend so may be joining her there before too long .