Game of Thrones (HBO)

It is GoT afterall, so D&D could just write them out of the show and nobody would be shocked.

If a show is doing well why shouldn’t those involved get paid more as more and more people enjoy and essentially increase the money pot going in. There are some really great actors in this show. I mean it could have easily fallen flat if they found people who looked good and played as well on a the screen as a piece of wood. They’ve largely done a great job with the cast.

Right. Which is why those deals, curated in advance, are so smart.

Nesrie, did you mean “shouldn’t” in that sentence?

-xtien

Yep. Corrected and thank you.

Cool. Because I agree with you.

-xtien

This is Game of Thrones, anyone can die at any time. And you can bet your ass if they couldn’t come to terms with Emilia Clarke she would bite the bullet, especially this season when there’s no book to deviate from.

And as far as knowing that they’re making way more than they expected, that’s because no sane business bakes numbers like they’re getting into a business plan. Even this season.

500k an episode is low for a series with these ratings, especially one that has gone on for this duration.

And actually there is a lot they can do if an actor does not play ball, like blacklist them from future projects, which happens all the time. Only the largest of the large A-list actors have any real clout.

500k does not even seem that much when I recall the casts of Friends and Seinfeld pushing double that over a decade ago.

GoT has a larger recurring cast to deal with, I guess.

Exactly my thought!

Why didn’t he weave when running? :)

Just a thought. Can Melissandre make Bran walk again?

I am not sure, but I keep thinking the Stark line is dead unless Jon get legitimized… which the king or queen can do right?

Don’t know how the show plays out but George RR has said in an interview that Bran’s disability is permanent in the books.

Yeah, I wouldn’t worry too much about that. IMO, the endgame will be that the “good guys” win over the dead, but every single line will be done. Starks, Lannisters, all of them, sacrificed either on the altar of human stupidity or the fight for survival. The last remnants of a magical age, finished.

Would be bittersweet, no?

One of the things that annoys me not just in the show but also in the books is that these supposed century old houses all die out within one war.

Let’s see:
Martells - Extinct. Killed by their own bastards.
Baratheon of Storm’s End - Extinct, died with Stannis
Baratheon of King’s Landing - Tommen is the last. Will probably die out before the end of the series.
Starks - No surviving heir. Extinct unless Sansa marries and has an heir. Will he be called a Stark?
Tully - One left. Lost their seat and lands.
Tyrell - On brink of extinction. Loras is their last hope.
Arryn - Will die out with Robert Arryn who is too weak and probably won’t survive.
Lannister - No heirs left after Kevan. The main family will die out and one of the lesser houses will take over.

So that’s three major houses as good as extinct and two on the brink of extinction. I mean come on the War of the Five kings isn’t even that big compared to Aegon’s conquest and most houses survived that.

Those shows didn’t have massive production budgets to deal with besides the main cast. Also money from reruns for decades to come to offset the salaries.

Aegon’s conquest was a conquest. This is a civil war. Civil wars have a tendency to be bloody :)

(Plus, a lot of those families were quite tightly married into Targaryen bloodlines, which have also come tumbling down).

GRRM has been showing that even when they win, people lose. That’s the nature of the “game”. You win or you die. And even if you win, chances are you’re going to die, because winning makes you enemies. Really, there’s a reason European royalty ended up as just one big dysfunctional family, and even when that happened, WWI still happened.

Brandon Stark is still alive.

As is Jaime Lannister… or does the line of succession not work that way?

Whether or not Jaime would produce a legitmate heir (i.e. not by Cersei) is a different story…