Game of Thrones (HBO)

By giving Arya the northern pie conspiracy I think they’ve kind of ruined Areas character. She effectively hunted down two nobles (+entourage), killed them, butchered them, cooked a pie, and made Walder eat it. She’s gone from trainee assassin hell bent on revenge to an all out psychopath.

So about the pie, was there something recognizable in there? I looked (although I didn’t freeze the frame) and couldn’t tell if there was an ear or something.

Pie = toe + nail

True, but IIRC it was Drogon’s blood and breath that gave her blisters, things which can be argued are “magic,” and even that didn’t do a whole lotta damage. Dragon breath is the hottest thing in their world.

Jon got burned and disfigured by regular old fire, but who knows maybe he just got the recessive genes.

Thought this was amusing. Brian Cox might have been on GoT. (link)

“Stupidly, I turned it down in the early days because they didn’t pay
enough money,” he revealed, laughing. “Now they have more money. And I
was silly. I was silly, it was silly, because I’m a complete addict now.

But I don’t know what I could play.”“I just watched my friend
Ian McShane and I thought, ‘Ooh, Ian’s in it’, so I settled down to
watch him. And I thought, ‘Ian did that?’ and immediately I thought,
‘God, they must have paid him well’, because I know Ian!” he joked.

It took me too long to figure out how you were talking about, given that a google search for Brain Cox brings up the same person that is currently talking about Bees and hexagons on the TV behind me.

Can I play a Dragon?
                              / 

Next season will likely be delayed a bit due to the film schedule being pushed back.

[quote]
“We don’t have an air date yet, but this year will likely be a bit later.” The pair revealed on the UFC Unfiltered podcast. “We’re starting a bit later because, you know, the end of this season, winter is here, and that means sunny weather doesn’t serve our purposes anymore, so we pushed back everything down the line to get some grim, grey weather, even in the sunnier places that we shoot.”[/quote]

Uh. So if I have a movie with scenes set in the summer and the winter…I shoot based on season? “Okay, AD. Let’s set up the shooting schedule. So the grim, grey, weather stuff…we’re just gonna schedule that for December. Two. Three. Maybe four weeks. Then let’s have the entire cast and crew take a break for six months and then we’ll do all the beach stuff.”

I guess I also have to wait for it to actually rain and snow during those scenes. “It’s not raining again today!” “Oh well. There’s no way to cheat that stuff. I guess we’ll just have to wait.” Huh.

I don’t think so.

-xtien

I guess it really depends on the scale, right? I mean, Alejandro Inarritu famously traveled the planet looking outdoor locations with snow on the ground for The Revenant because he knew that the fake stuff looks terrible and for large, outdoor scenes you can’t use the fake stuff anyway.

And lets face it, the sound-stage shots of the woods with the sprayed-on snow (e.g., the very first shot of the first season, or the scene with Sansa and Littlefinger in the godswood last episode) aren’t horrific, but they pale compared to the stuff they shot in Iceland.

Yeah… you can definitely tell the fake tree (godswood) and fake snow there. Not to mention not having to digitally add breath fog.

Rereading the first 50 posts of this thread is fun. Also the post wishing Peter Dinklage would play Tyrion and why it won’t happen.

Apologies if someone has pointed that out post migration but I’m way behind (like, watching season 1 behind) and am scared of reading that far ahead.

But those posts are fun.

Wendelius

guess it really depends on the scale, right? I mean, Alejandro Inarritu famously traveled the planet looking outdoor locations with snow on the ground for The Revenant because he knew that the fake stuff looks terrible and for large, outdoor scenes you can’t use the fake stuff anyway.

Also why Fargo season 3 will be late

White Lives Matter too!

Including White Walkers!

#wlm

Nice hashtag.

I’m gonna give you the same help I gave another person earlier (I think it was even you Jon)

Yup! it was you Jon!

Alt Shift X’s take on Ep10.

VALYRIAN, MOTHERFUCKER! DO YOU SPEAK IT?

HBO has confirmed that Season 7 will debut in the summer. (Winter is coming in the summer!). Seven episodes.

Ugh, that’s a long time to wait. :-(

(BTW the speech balloon button doesn’t seem to work for quoting posts on iOS, at least not when reading/responding via the Gmail app.)

Works okay in Safari on iOS though.