Game of Thrones (HBO)

So the big thing mainly (aside from the 1-year wait) is that this opens up the Emmy awards for 2017. Game of Thrones will likely debut after the 2017 nomination voting window closes.

It’s the favorite to repeat as Best Drama this year (along with 2 director nominations, 1 writing nomination, 2 best supporting actor nominations, and 3!!! best supporting actress nominations.) It may tie or beat its record of the most Emmy’s in a single year (12). The previous record was held by the West Wing (9).

The folks at GoldDerby are already trying to figure out which networks/shows will try to take advantage of the opening.

Very interesting. It seems to me that they would try and start it up before the end of May 2017 to make it eligible for the nominations.

Personally I would love it to start in July 2017. July and August are the worst months for me. No sports I care about.

Jim Broadbent, Oscar winner, is joining the show in Season 7. Best guess is that he’ll be Marwyn the Mage at the Citadel.

And word is that Angela Lansbury is joining too. No idea who she could play.

Each week, she’ll have another distant cousin who has gotten mixed up in a murder.

So they’ll all be Lannisters?

If Broadbent is being cast as Marwyn, that’s a terrible choice IMO. The neat thing about the character is how his physical appearance and demeanor contrast with the stereotype of the learned, ivory towered scholar. He’s described as looking like a dockside thug, with hands that could tear your head off your shoulders, teeth stained from years of chewing tobacco, and a deep knowledge of things frowned upon by his colleagues. He’s the man who taught Mirri Maz Duur (the witch Dany burned in the season 1 finale) the spell she used on Khal Drago. I would’ve preferred Brendan Gleeson or even Ray Winstone.

Haha, yes!

Indeed. She’ll be Lady Jessica, Countess of Fletcher.

R.I.P. - His watch has ended.

His character already died, didn’t he?

Season 5. Died of natural causes, just like in the book. They burned his body in Castle Black.

One of the few natural deaths on the show.

I went through an array of emotions when I saw “RIP” and thought it might be GRRM. Haha!

Or WAS it?
Bum bum BUM!

You never know:/

If you need a sympathetic ear:

http://chatwithhodor.com/

ok, that’s cute. :)

Neil Fingleton, the man that played Mag the Mighty, has died.

That’s so sad.

Damn only 36 too

Unfortunately, a lot of extremely tall people die too young. Human body wasn’t really built to last at 7-feet-7-inches.