Game of Thrones (HBO)

The Valerian invasion of Westeros almost certainly. I could see Bravos. But aside from that, where do you go?

Ok think budgets and such. With 4 potential spin offs, they probably are thinking more constrained budgeting than the main GoT, so potentially more geographically constrained. I doubt they would want 4 continent spanning series with multiple PoV characters. The invasion of Westeros with dragons would probably be the big one, I doubt others would compare to that scope. Would you see a Nights Watch series? How far back in the ‘history’ would they go? Would they go back to the war between men and the children of the forest, and therefore the creation of the white walkers?

Possibly you could do a fall of Valyria with an invasion of Westeros. Have the fall be the first seasons, the move west taking seasons 2-3 onward. How about a series focused on a group like the Brotherhood Without Banners? That could make for an interesting show if done right. Maybe one about the Lord of Light, and young Mellisandre.

Not saying I’d like those to be the choices, but thinking of the possibility space I could see those as plausible pitches that could get greenlight.

starring Rowan Atkinson of course…

Dunk and Egg?

Aegon Targaryn as a young knight, and the man who would be captain of his Kingsguard, Sir Duncan the Tall.

Valyrian Steele

I’m betting one of those four concepts is about the first Blackfyre rebellion. That a setup that mirrors GoT closely only without the whole impending supernatural invasion part.

[quote=“Telefrog, post:8066, topic:48713, full:true”]
I’d be very surprised if at least one of these shows in development isn’t the Dunk and Egg stories. I know Martin says they’re not the main focus, but you can’t tell me that HBO didn’t look at those and immediately think of ways to work that stuff into whatever’s being developed.

So they should do the show about Robert’s Rebellion. Cause lol at Martin finishing.

GRRM was responding to posts on FB for a bit, I was tempted to snark a bit at his statement that yes hes’ still working on TWoW. In-between all those days spent with a small roomful of writers.

Five years ago I would’ve gotten excited over this news, but now it’s just another sign he won’t finish the book series and that HBO wants to keep its AGoT cash flow flowing.

Some trailer thingee:

— Alan

I approve of this trailer thingee.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

Strange watching a GoT trailer and having no idea where any of that is really going. I guess know I now what the people who never read the books feel like.

Hey, guess who decided to finally show up in Kings Landing!

Odds of some dramatic familial sparring between Cersei and Tyrion? high. And you know there is gonna be a Bronn Tyrion revival that probably ends in one dead.

Loved the shot of the dothraki cavalry charging with Drogon flying overhead.

July 16 can not get here soon enough!

I’ve got to admit that going beyond the books has increased my interest enormously. Maybe the quality isn’t the same as previous seasons, lacking the books to squeeze the best story juice from, but it more than makes up for it with new stuff actually happening…

I don’t know, season 6 was a huge improvement over seasons 4 + 5.

I just want to see Westeros burn down. I’m probably going to be annoyed how the Dothraki light cavalry will be portrayed as the best urban warfare warriors ever thought.

The good news is that trailer doesn’t indicate that. She’s got an elite cavalry, and elite foot soldiers, so they would only do something so monumentally dumb out of sheer incompetence.

The show has yet to display her commanding “elite” foot soldiers though. But, in fairness, its combat choreography has been pretty uniformly bad. Their one effort to make the Red Viper cool was to train the actor to do a lot of pirouettes.