Game of Thrones (HBO)

Another episode leak!

So much like!

I would totally avoid Twitter until Sunday night. Someone is posting clips from some kind of leak, and I’m visibly upset.

Because of the leak and spoiling or because… erg, never mind. I shouldn’t ask.ugh.

sigh Latest episode got leaked again

omg omg holy shit!!

If it goes anything like the last time HBO is going to have another highest viewer count record on their hands…

Can we, as a nation, agree to not even mention the leaked episodes in the slightest. Not even ‘good.’ I get that after 9pm EST this place turns into a spoiler fest, but I really don’t want to hear about the leaks in any way.

Clips are all over my Youtube feed. Looks like a third-party vendor accidentally uploaded the episode and got taken down but way too late. Very spoilery, pretty much ruined the episode already.

— Alan

It was HBO Spain that fucked up royally. I imagine people have been fired.

HBO Nordic also leaked. The episode is out there in 1080P. I grabbed it. It is pretty great but it suffers from the same fast forwarding shit the whole season has suffered. While this is still my favorite show and nothing else is really close, the writing for season 7 is shitty. The episodes are still great just because so many threads are coming to a head. But I feel like we should have gotten a 10 episode season and we could have another couple of 10 episode seasons on top of that.

Yeah the fast forwarding is really making it feel like D&B are just done and ready to move on, so fuck it we’re just dumping this out as fast as possible to get it over with. Wtf? We’ve had to wait this long and now you’re gonna rush through the good part? Fuck off!

I don’t mind the fast forwarding at all. The alternative (a 10 seasons, 10 episodes per season show) could face the same problems as the books (of not being finished due to executive decisions in HBO or just meandering too much). The first seasons of the series were way too slow with very little interesting stuff happening (season 4 and 5 were the main culprits) so for me this pacing feels more watchable and doesn’t take away too much. It’s not like we have incredible acting that can sustain longer dramatic scenes anyways.

I disagree the writing is specially worse than the rest of the series. It might not be as good as it was at its peak, but it’s miles better than during season 1 anyways.

Hmm, I don’t know–I loved that Season 1 hewed closely to the plot of the source material, myself.

The fast forwarding and teleportation is starting to get a bit annoying, but I guess they want to get rid of the show.

There may be some fatigue felt by some of the actors and by showrunners, but I doubt anyone wants to “get rid” of the show. HBO would certainly be fine with another few seasons. It’s far and away their most popular show.

I think the teleporting and pacing issues are just a result of the showrunners literally having less source material to work with. Rather than boiling down a meaty collection of prose, they’re now trying to flesh out whatever notes GRRM gave them.

I view the teleportation like travel in a D&D game. Unless there is a story-related plot line the players may encounter along the way, I’d rather the DM go, “ok, time passes you are the at castle” than roll random encounters for every day.

It messes with the overall alignment of the various plot lines where Jon Snow can get from Dragonstone to the Wall in the same amount of time Arya and Littlefinger can do their dance, but I can live with it. I just want to see how the story resolve and don’t mind the fast travel.

But at an average cost of about $6 million per episode are they actually making any money from it?

cough Danerys cough

They wouldn’t be making it if they weren’t.