Game of Thrones (HBO)

I wonder why they had Tyrion creepily lurking outside Dany’s room while she and Jon got it on. From his point of view, this pairing should be a good thing, cementing the alliance between his queen and the North. Jon marrying Dany makes total sense. So why did he look so unhappy?

I’m bummed about Littlefinger. I was secretly hoping he’d end up on the Iron Throne after all the dust settled. Oh, well.

Spoilerized because I don’t know the rules in this thread.

There is a line he used in one of the recent episodes: all of them have fallen in love with you.

I think he included himself in that statement.

This hadn’t occurred to me. The bedding scene and his look outside make sense now. Thanks!

Undead Daenerys and Jon Snow on the Iron Throne? Flanked by three undead dragons?

Man, I hope Bron gets his ass out of King’s Landing to join up with Jaime and Tyrion, ASAP.

On Arya and Sansa, I too think that it wasn’t a setup the whole time and that the meeting in Arya’s room was the point where it turned. What I don’t get is the whole sending Brianne away bit. I also don’t get the invitation/summons from Cersa for Sansa to join the negotiations. The North was already represented by Jon.

They wanted Brienne and Jamie to have a reunion, along with Tyrion and Pod.

It felt like a clunky way of getting Brienne into a role better suited for her from a story line. Clearly, the sisters don’t need protecting any more. Going off to wage war with Jaime is better for her than sitting in the soon to be over-run Winterfell.

Somethings up with Tyrion. I’m guessing he’s in on it with Cercie based on the dragon killings he saw and to make up for his part in destroying the family. Also, incest and necrophilia in the same scene. Damn HBO!

I think the Littlefinger scene was a bit more standard TV fare as you were pretty sure what was going to happen. The showrunners stated they were trying to create all this tension between the Sansa and Arya, but I think everyone knows in their heart that wasn’t going to happen. But I don’t think Sansa actually made up her mind until Arya gave her the dagger. It wasn’t a long con, but long enough.

I did expect Arya to say something about her time in Harenhal and how Littlefinger had conspired with Tywin regarding Rob because it would have been a lot better than her mentioning the true owner of the dagger. Sansa admitting, “I’m a slow learner,” is such a great line I think. It’s her admitting her faults but pushing to persevere anyway.

— Alan

Yes, I think Tyrion has double-crossed Dany/Jon.

I didn’t think of that.That is a good point.

I think that would be so out of character for Tyrion (mostly because it would be dumb as hell, given what he knows of Cersei). He’s a survivor, but he isn’t an idiot (like Jon). There’s no way he would think that Cersei would be better for Westeros (or even Tyrion, personally) than sticking it out with Dany, despite her roasting a couple of lordlings. I’m more in the “he’s in love with Dany” camp for explaining that scene. What I can’t recall is who Tyrion was pushing for when he pressed Dany on the succession bit. Did he have someone in mind and now sees that slipping away?

I’m curious about the weird “Let’s go have a drink” with Bronn\Podrick scene.

Is that Bronn planning his exit from the Lannister forces? Some other back channeling? Something else? It was pointed enough to make me think it wasn’t just for funsies.

I thought it was some sort a set up. “I like you. This is an ambush. Lets get us the fuck out here.”

I think that’s what we were meant to think. I think that was the purpose of the scene. To make the viewer suspect an ambush of some kind, which added to the tension of the long waiting scene. I thought it was very well done.

I think it’s even simpler. Lena Headey and Jerome Flynn apparently hate each other in real life. They used to be romantically involved a decade ago and that ended badly. Early on with the show, I guess they were okay being in each other’s presence, but that changed into full-on hatred. Crew revealed that the showrunners make sure not to have them on set together.

I don’t see how this is the case, even though she suggested it was.

I mean, she’s got 3 (now 2) big ass dragons right now… they don’t seem to be murderizing everyone.

Which is weird because one of the central plot points previously was the fact that the dragons sometimes eat people and livestock.

Look, a dragon eats your sister, we pay you some gold. We settled this in Mereen, keep up with the times Nick.

I mean if the dragon gets hungry, it eats. We pay you for it. I really don’t see the big deal here ;)